Husky SM 510R breaking up for spares... or for a build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archangel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Saw this add on gumtree the other day, so I popped in at Cape Bike Travel en-route to work, as I literally drive past it twice a day, every day.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/city-centre/husqvarna-510-smr-supermotard-+-mechanical-issue/1001710160570910074574809

Husqvarna%20SM%20510R%2007.jpg

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

I chatted to the mechanic and he told me that the bottom end (gearbox) failed and most of it needed to be replaced, while the rest of the bike is still in very good condition. Looks like the seller wants R23k, but it has been standing in the shop for over 5 months...

My guess is that the parts are worth more than the whole. Especially looking at the front end, wheel set, shocks, plastics etc. Some of it, I'll obviously keep as part of projects that I'm working on (main objective), but I need to make back the cash or at least get somewhere close to what I spent, by selling some of the other parts.

So do I have any other interests? I can take some more specific photos if you need them.

Attachments

• Spares.jpg
    Spares.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Bars.jpg
    Bars.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 138
  • Rear Wheel.jpg
    Rear Wheel.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Front Wheel.jpg
    Front Wheel.jpg