Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: What did we do yesterday???  (Read 840 times)

Red Adventure

What did we do yesterday???
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:55:10 am »
While all you all were working, WERNER and I decided that working was for the poor and we were feeling very rich. :3some: So a plan was made to cross the Malgas Pond, but how to get there, as I dislike everyday tar :puke_l: roads that I had traveled over and over in my road biking days.
So Goggle earth was fired up and a suitable route was decided on. :evil5:
We left Durbanville at sunrise for the Fisantekraal village and then by gravel we went on to Joostenbergsvlakte. Some tar :puke_l:  past the Tygerberg Zoo and back on gravel to a gravel covered bridge over the N1 at Klapmuts.

Tar :puke_l:  again to and over the Franschhoek pass. We crossed the bridge and took the immediate left onto gravel to Botriver. Then left off the Hermanus road on the old R43 over the old Bot river bridge.

Left again and on gravel to the top of the Hemel op Aarde valley. Through Hermanus and on to the Berkin Head brewery for some beer tasting. (I enjoyed their stout beer the most).

Just before Gansbaai  it was left again on more gravel that took us through Baardscheerderbosand to Elim. (the roads were amazing with very little dust so 120km/h was easily maintained). A fuel stop for me (just incase) and then gravel roads passed De Hoop to the Malgas Pond. The ‚??Pontiers‚?Ě (how‚??s that for a new word) were on a quick lunch, which gave us time to rest our now tiring butts.

(There is just something indescribable about loading you vehicle on a vessel and crossing open waters).
X

Some not so lekker gravel on the way to Swellendam where a simple lunch was enjoyed. More gravel from Swellendam to Bonievale and then the Mc Gregor road out of Robertson to Villiersdorp. We passed an amazing game farm along the way where Springbok and Koedu were on display for us right next to the fence.

A final fuel up in Villiersdorp and tar all the way back to Durbanville (althought the N1 was avoided).

Total distance +- 600km (the XCountry‚??s back tyre spins to much to be accurate)
Time 7.30am ‚?? 4.30pm
What a day to have in the middle of the week

p.s Mmmmm now who's the Red Adventure

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:59:48 am by Red Adventure »

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
Re: What did we do yesterday???
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:34:19 pm »
Theres nothing like spontanaiety! Nice pics :)
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline Riebeeker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 02:13:46 pm »
We do the same but only 270km gravel.
Nice sunshine and why must I stay in the office.
Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Beemer Man (RIP)

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:29:46 pm »
Mods take thes Men outside and shoot them, but not before banning them and their families from the site for life, this is extremely RUDE, riding during the week I ask you!!! ;D ;D ;D
I think if I actually found My mind, I probably wouldn't know what to do with it,

Offline Riebeeker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 02:43:47 pm »
Beemer Man some of us can plan our job to do it and enjoy it the same time.
Ek het herstelwerk gehad om te doen by 'n klient op Koringberg en daarna moes ek 'n klient op Moorreesburg gaan sien. So ek het die grondpad gevat vanaf Riebeek Kasteel tot in Piketberg en vandaar die grondpad tot in Koringberg. Ek was te vroeg klaar en moes die tyd opmaak toe neem ek die grondpad tot in Darling en vandaar terug met die grondpad tot in Moorreesburg. Aangesien ek toe heeldag grondpaaie ry het ek sommer die grondpad Malmesbury toe gery en terug met die grondpad tot in Riebeek Kasteel. Altesaam 270km grondpad en net in die dorpe was dit teer.
Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Red Adventure

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 04:59:21 pm »
We were asked by a guy that owns a R1150GS "Do you guy's think it's week-end?" and Werner's reply was "We make our own week-end here."  :imaposer:

Offline WERNER

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:49:10 pm »
To Red Adventure
Thanx again for working out an awesome ride - bonus being that we encountered NO sand. I've got a slightly sore arse today but will go again tomorrow.
WERNER
quot;Our greatest glory consists not in never falling,
but rising every time we fall."

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DL650 - The Magic Touch
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 09:58:25 pm »
Nice ride and pics and all, but will you people stop driving me nutters with these mid - week ride reports please! I'm green when I think about what I was doing while you were out there.
Ride reports, books and more on my website.
http://www.leondekock.com/
Building Plans - A Concise reference
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1093937
https://books.apple.com/us/book/x/id1576543716