What did we do yesterday???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red Adventure

While all you all were working, WERNER and I decided that working was for the poor and we were feeling very rich. :3some: So a plan was made to cross the Malgas Pond, but how to get there, as I dislike everyday tar :puke_l: roads that I had traveled over and over in my road biking days.
So Goggle earth was fired up and a suitable route was decided on. :evil5:
We left Durbanville at sunrise for the Fisantekraal village and then by gravel we went on to Joostenbergsvlakte. Some tar :puke_l:  past the Tygerberg Zoo and back on gravel to a gravel covered bridge over the N1 at Klapmuts.

Startoftheday.jpg

Tar :puke_l:  again to and over the Franschhoek pass. We crossed the bridge and took the immediate left onto gravel to Botriver. Then left off the Hermanus road on the old R43 over the old Bot river bridge.

CrossingtheBot.jpg

Left again and on gravel to the top of the Hemel op Aarde valley. Through Hermanus and on to the Berkin Head brewery for some beer tasting. (I enjoyed their stout beer the most).

BerkinHead.jpg

Just before Gansbaai  it was left again on more gravel that took us through Baardscheerderbosand to Elim. (the roads were amazing with very little dust so 120km/h was easily maintained). A fuel stop for me (just incase) and then gravel roads passed De Hoop to the Malgas Pond. The â??Pontiersâ? (howâ??s that for a new word) were on a quick lunch, which gave us time to rest our now tiring butts.

CrossingtheBot1.jpg

(There is just something indescribable about loading you vehicle on a vessel and crossing open waters).
MlagasPond.jpg
X

Some not so lekker gravel on the way to Swellendam where a simple lunch was enjoyed. More gravel from Swellendam to Bonievale and then the Mc Gregor road out of Robertson to Villiersdorp. We passed an amazing game farm along the way where Springbok and Koedu were on display for us right next to the fence.

Gamefarm.jpg

A final fuel up in Villiersdorp and tar all the way back to Durbanville (althought the N1 was avoided).

Total distance +- 600km (the XCountryâ??s back tyre spins to much to be accurate)
Time 7.30am â?? 4.30pm
What a day to have in the middle of the week

p.s Mmmmm now who's the Red Adventure