Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW R Nine T Scrambler World Launch  (Read 18009 times)

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • HKGK !!!
Re: BMW R Nine T Scrambler World Launch
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2016, 04:48:38 pm »

No worries ... for future reference this cute bike is a very capable big scrambler  :pot:

Nice foto shop  :lol8:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2016, 05:26:13 pm »
Funny how no one is waxing lyrical about the R9T wannabee.  ::)

Now THIS is a scrambler  :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

When men were men, the air was clean, and sex was dirty  >:D

Haaskwana. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Britten (all models)
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »
The Scrambler in the Austrian Alps. My only further contribution to this chat (buy the bloody magazine - I've got dogs to feed) is that most people in South Africa have a complete misunderstanding of what a scrambler actually is. At least, what the modern definition is. I'll give you a clue - most people throughout the world have not used the word scrambler since 1965.

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2016, 05:47:16 pm »

No worries ... for future reference this cute bike is a very capable big scrambler  :pot:

Nice foto shop  :lol8:

Fokofkorporaal  :peepwall:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline HeeBs

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2016, 06:15:31 pm »
I'll give you a clue - most people throughout the world have not used the word scrambler since 1965.

True but SA is a little behind the times, for instance, we still drink coffee and not Latte's, we braai instead of BBQ, we like Rugby instead of American football, we lane split instead of falling in line...... but I like it this way :biggrin:

OK but seriously, why would you buy the Scrambler over the street R9T ? The price drop would make it worthwhile on it's own but besides that?

Offline Tom van Brits

Re:
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2016, 06:29:53 pm »
It looks better in real life than on photos I was told. The Triumph Truxton looked okish on fotos but did not do much.... the I saw it and immideatly wanted one. I like many bikes, and not the bigest BMW fan but the R9T is awesome, I havent heard one journalist moaning, instead seems all love the bike. The Scrambler is in my view even better because I prefer tubeless wheels. The front (not sure) looks like a 19inch. This bike is not a ds nor an off road but b roads and Sunday breakfast run instead of a HD..  I'd say this is a lekker bike

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Offline VaalBaas

• Grey hound
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2016, 06:29:54 pm »
At least, what the modern definition is.

So the memo went everywhere else except here. Gelukkig is dit die keer engels en afrikaans wat dit verkeerd het.

Sou darem net die mags as speke wou sien. Dan kan dit seker gaan.....

2006 Hp2 # 882 #1555 #1784 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C - 2020 RnineT Pure
2012 TW200
My eertse foutjie KTM RC8 en toe nog n 525 ook
Project Bikes - 2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE - 2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE - TW200
As ek nie gister gedoen wat ek gedoen het nie, het ek nie vandag geweet wat ek weet(en ek weet nog steeds nie wat ek doen)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2016, 06:33:30 pm »
I'll give you a clue - most people throughout the world have not used the word scrambler since 1965.

True but SA is a little behind the times, for instance, we still drink coffee and not Latte's, we braai instead of BBQ, we like Rugby instead of American football, we lane split instead of falling in line...... but I like it this way :biggrin:

OK but seriously, why would you buy the Scrambler over the street R9T ? The price drop would make it worthwhile on it's own but besides that?

Ja, but we did not name it a Scrambler.  The Germans did and Italians named the Ducati a Scrambler.  The English the Triumph.   We are not guilty!   :thumleft:

Personally, I would rather go for the R1200R.  If not that the R9T.  If not that, this Scrambler.  I have to add, I have ridden both the R1200R and R9T and both are awesome bikes.  I have no idea what the Scrambler feels like when being ridden.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2016, 08:21:27 pm »
Scramblers used to be raced on relatively flat offroad courses, on bikes ranging from small to about 650cc capacity.
Then, during the 70, more dedicated offroad machinery started appearing, with suspension that caused tracks to evolve to something no scrambler could manage.
Thus, the end of the scrambler.
Until now. Recently a spate/gaggle/swarm of "scramblers" were released on a public both gullible and hungry to be cool.

If you list the types of motorcycles made today, the scrambler gets outshone to the point of having no right to be here anymore.
Why build a "scrambler" if so many superior machines are available?

Mense weet nie meer waarheen nie, en almal probeer nog n eie identiteit skep.

Next will be Honda branding their NC700 as a "Poegie".

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:19 pm »
Scramblers used to be raced on relatively flat offroad courses, on bikes ranging from small to about 650cc capacity.
Then, during the 70, more dedicated offroad machinery started appearing, with suspension that caused tracks to evolve to something no scrambler could manage.
Thus, the end of the scrambler.
Until now. Recently a spate/gaggle/swarm of "scramblers" were released on a public both gullible and hungry to be cool.

If you list the types of motorcycles made today, the scrambler gets outshone to the point of having no right to be here anymore.
Why build a "scrambler" if so many superior machines are available?

Mense weet nie meer waarheen nie, en almal probeer nog n eie identiteit skep.

Next will be Honda branding their NC700 as a "Poegie".

Ja Danie, we oldies remember the Scramblers of yesteryear.  The public may well be gullible and hungry to be cool, but they also have money to buy the bikes, whichever bikes they are.  Why then build a Scrambler?  Because they sell and thus makes money for the shareholders.  I do think you are wrong when you say they are outshone.  They are not because the people who will buy them, is not comparing them in another class.  They buy them because they want them and couldn't care less about the other models available.

If Honda think they will sell Poegies, don't be surprised to see a NC750 Poegie out soon.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2016, 11:14:03 pm »
And a Yamahaha XT sPoegie  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2016, 11:30:13 pm »

Well, no surprise, Yamaha actually already makes the best Puch-e in the world....the BWS! :ricky:

Offline lecap

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2016, 12:45:42 am »
BMW does not give a rats arse if their model names are correct or not. They even dare to brand a fastback sedan as GT- :puke_r: For their scrambler -  Alexander as per my little vid on page one.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2016, 08:16:56 am »
BMW does not give a rats arse if their model names are correct or not. They even dare to brand a fastback sedan as GT- :puke_r: For their scrambler -  Alexander as per my little vid on page one.

This is no different to any other manufacturer.   In fact, if anyone of them thought they could sell more by branding it LeCap or Bear, they would.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:13:49 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2016, 09:24:28 am »

Well, no surprise, Yamaha actually already makes the best Puch-e in the world....the BWS! :ricky:

Ja got one  :thumleft:
(Actually the GMax is probably at least as good if not better imo)

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2016, 09:40:27 am »

I love this thing but with the spokes which will be an optional extra.
I also think they got it the wrong way round. Spokes and tubes on the RnineT and rims and Tubeless on the RnineT Scrambler.

Any case this one will be a few R's cheaper than the current RnineT.
So expecting around R159999 or R162000 around there.

I think this bike is awesome. Back to basics...air cooled boxer...no fancy gimmicks.
If this had a KTM or Yamaha or triumph badge on it the anti BMW trolls would be shitting themselves with excitement right now.  :ricky:

Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Ride to ride again
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2016, 09:50:27 am »
Ag jeez but you okes really have a massive problem with the length and thickness and function with your man sticks.

A bike is a bike. I will ride a RR with knobbles on to Nam if i have to. I love bikes and any bike are welcome in my garage.

Remember the drooling, oh so cool, etc, comments when somebody posted a pic of a real cafe racer dressed with knobblies?

Gewoontlik n@@i ek reguit aan op fyndraai.

Offline VaalBaas

• Grey hound
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2016, 10:03:24 am »

I also think they got it the wrong way round. Spokes and tubes on the RnineT and rims and Tubeless on the RnineT Scrambler.

I think this bike is awesome. Back to basics...air cooled boxer...no fancy gimmicks.
If this had a KTM or Yamaha or triumph badge on it the anti BMW trolls would be shitting themselves with excitement right now.  :ricky:

Dit maak n mooi prentjie  :thumleft:
2006 Hp2 # 882 #1555 #1784 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C - 2020 RnineT Pure
2012 TW200
My eertse foutjie KTM RC8 en toe nog n 525 ook
Project Bikes - 2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE - 2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE - TW200
As ek nie gister gedoen wat ek gedoen het nie, het ek nie vandag geweet wat ek weet(en ek weet nog steeds nie wat ek doen)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2016, 10:05:28 am »

Inderdaad!
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2016, 10:14:35 am »

Defenetief iets wat ek toe na sal terugkyk as ek wegstap.  :thumleft:
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.