Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW R Nine T Scrambler World Launch  (Read 18006 times)

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • Rather be Riding
Re: BMW R Nine T Scrambler World Launch
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2016, 12:03:28 pm »
Nice write up The Wes ,I have always enjoyed the treads you have started. I see you are now in a different league as a motorcycling journalist , well done I like your no bullshit honest approach,! Keep it up.

Thanks dude  :thumleft:

no bullshit

:imaposer:

Jelly?

Online teebag

« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »
Custard

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Grey hound
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2016, 02:21:13 pm »
I knew it!  :sip:

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Britten (all models)
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2016, 02:21:35 pm »
2-Stroke, I was there too, but we were on different rotations  :thumleft:

Here's my review, for anyone who cares: http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-r-ninet-scrambler-review

In all fairness though, WD is pretty much the least appropriate place to discuss this bike. The percentage of WD readers that'll be into a bike like this is maybe 5% - this is a dual-sport forum, and this isn't a dual-sport bike. It's a 'throwback' scrambler... classic style, go-anywhere attitude but certainly "not a hard enduro" (straight from BMW's team's mouths). That said, I reckon this would go anywhere that 90% of GS owners take their GSs  :peepwall:

Anyway, it's all in the review. Give it a read.

Very cool, except that you need to learn to spell colour.   :peepwall:

Just kidding. You are right though it isn't a dual-sport. I asked the the project manager about taking it off-road and he seemed to very much imply, in the overly polite way that comes slightly unnaturally to Germans, that it should stay very much on tar. Still, the length of thread would imply that Wild Dogs find it interesting nonetheless.

Again, it is a Scrambler by the European definition, not the South African one. As you said, we have GSs for that, so no problem.

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Grey hound
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2016, 02:24:02 pm »

Here's my review, for anyone who cares: http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-r-ninet-scrambler-review

In all fairness though, WD is pretty much the least appropriate place to discuss this bike. The percentage of WD readers that'll be into a bike like this is maybe 5% - this is a dual-sport forum, and this isn't a dual-sport bike. It's a 'throwback' scrambler... classic style, go-anywhere attitude but certainly "not a hard enduro" (straight from BMW's team's mouths). That said, I reckon this would go anywhere that 90% of GS owners take their GSs  :peepwall:

Just kidding. You are right though it isn't a dual-sport. I asked the the project manager about taking it off-road and he seemed to very much imply, in the overly polite way that comes slightly unnaturally to Germans, that it should stay very much on tar. Still, the length of thread would imply that Wild Dogs find it interesting nonetheless.

Again, it is a Scrambler by the European definition, not the South African one. As you said, we have GSs for that, so no problem.

Bike EXIF's audience is mainly American. Hence the lack of 'u's in my spelling. It kills me. I leave my spellcheck on UK English in silent protest.

Depends on who you speak to I guess - some of the BMW dudes I spoke to reckon it's good for fire roads, but not much more. Which is fine by me!

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Britten (all models)
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2016, 03:49:52 pm »

Bike EXIF's audience is mainly American. Hence the lack of 'u's in my spelling. It kills me. I leave my spellcheck on UK English in silent protest.

Depends on who you speak to I guess - some of the BMW dudes I spoke to reckon it's good for fire roads, but not much more. Which is fine by me!

Bloody Yanks ! :laughing4:

Either way, it's a good laugh. I'm still very sure most South African buyers will look at it appreciatively in the showroom, comment on its many fine attributes and then buy a GS, much like they do with every other model of bike.  :ricky: