Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Impi 2016  (Read 667 times)

Offline onderbroek

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • not a GLOBAL MODERATOR
Impi 2016
« on: July 22, 2016, 01:36:08 pm »

Who is doing the impi this year?

I have entered this will be my first one.
nervously excited about the race, have heard some good things

hak vrystaat

Offline Michiel

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
Re: Impi 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:23:39 am »
This year will be Impi's 3rd event and it just gets better. They moved back to having the base and start of all the riding
at Elandsheim like the first event. Good move because all the excitement happens right where you lodge for the weekend.
I ride extreme enduro for two main reasons, the adventure/challenge/landscape/nature and the camaraderie/social/friends/fun
and The Impi combines both in a spectacular way.

I'm not surprised that it has now become practically as popular as The Roof itself because Craig and his team has done an superb
job in the previous 2 years in making it an excellent value for money, jam packed, weekend. The Impi was aimed to be a "Roof prep"
event but in my opinion it will soon rival the Roof itself. For one, they have the terrain for it.

Expect an intense and long two days of racing. The routes for Bronze, Silver and Gold classes are high in standard and at times feels
like it is never ending. If you have difficulty in navigating you will come out at the end as an expert. Craig is himself an enthusiastic
extreme rider and has done an excellent job of finding some awesome riding terrain.

Don't be fooled, this is a tough one. Last year I came in at dusk with the sweepers on the Silver route. Gold was way out of my reach.

In short, we are in for a super cool event and the making of some new friends. Can't wait!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:32:59 am by Michiel »

Offline onderbroek

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • not a GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 06:27:45 am »
That's awesome news Michiel - I'll be keeping an eye out for you as it was your thread of David that pushed me over the edge to get my own enduro bike, and its been a ball ever since.

hak vrystaat

Offline Michiel

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »
Glad to hear and of course it is working out for you! Looking forward to meet.