I have a dream ..............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobus Myburgh

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr

"I have a dream.  With that one sentence, Martin Luther King touched and empowered an entire nation.  You know what else he did?  He made everybody else without dreams feel real bad."
Christopher Titus

Often I find inspiration through the words of other people, not only the famous ones, sometimes ordinary people that come up with really sensible statements that just touches something inside me.

Even on this forum, I've found true inspiration in the likes of Joey Evans and his thread "From Para to Dakar" and many similar others.  It inspires me to be better, bolder and pursue those things that are continuously set aside for 'one day'.

When my sisters 13 year old son died of brain cancer last year, I promised myself that I will live my life differently.  There is no time like the present - Live as if there is no tomorrow.

Despite this undertaking, I withdrew from participating in the West Coast Baja earlier this year.  I convinced myself that the timing was not right, work load was too much etc. etc.  Again I prolonged something that I knew was something I wanted to do before my time is up.

A couple of months ago I set out to pursue this dream in all earnest.  And finally, I am convinced that, God willing, nothing will interfere this time round of getting to the starting line in 2017.

I intend to share my preparation, as a complete newbie, with you guys here, for those interested. Fitness preparation (quitting smoking is gonna be the hardest part), ATGATT, bike preparation (although my current bike is very much rally ready) and trying to keep an accurate log of the associated costs.

I will also rely heavily on those who's been there, done that, with endless questions.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
Maria Robinson

:ricky: