Mad Macs Overberg ride -Mud, Mud , Rain and smiles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
On Sunday morning a bunch of riders joined us for our ride to the overberg.

We had Johan on a Buell , Anton and Francois on 1200Gs, Boet on a Honda 1200 Crosstourer and his Son Obed on a Honda Afrika Twin 750, another Anton on a F650GS(twin) Myself on the Super Tenre and Kevin on a Triumph 800xc . Quintas Joined us later in the ride.
9 bikes in all.

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

We stopped at the start of Sir Louwreys pass to wait for Boet who had to fetch something from his place of work

IMG_2127.jpg

And then went over the pass and turned left onto a forbidden piece of road .

The first big puddle (read swimming pool) in the road saw me drenched as I went through it with water coming over the screen and into my helmet. I was properly wet. This set the tone for the rest of the day , and seeing as our bikes were now dirty and we were wet , we could now ride and enjoy the day without stressing about dirty bikes.

We stopped for a quick regroup and becuase I I needed to clean my visor and sunglasses.

url]

IMG_2129.jpg

And then on to Highlands road. On the road past Grabouw the bike's outside temp gauge showed 3'C. Great fun with wet pants and waterfilled boots.  :lol8: :lol8: :ricky:

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

We met up with Quintas and then made our way to Dassiesfontein for a very hearty breakfast.

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

As you can see from the pics we had some very muddy sections to contend with.

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

We stopped for a quick chat at the Dam on the way to Hemel and Aarde pad.

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

We went past Teslaarsdal and then on to Stanford for a fuel stop.

On the way Boet on 1200 Crosstourer and a Guinea-fowl could not agree on who had right of way. The guinea-fowl lost.

IMG_2139.jpg

I can not remember when last I saw my bike this dirty.

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

From Stanford Boet and Obed went home and the rest of us took the dirt to Napier where we had a nice cup of coffee and a chat.

IMG_2142.jpg

The group split up from there with some heading straight home and myself , Anton and Kevin taking the scenic road home via Hermanus and Rooi els.