Race practice shenanigans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon H

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi all,

Nothing whatsoever to do with adventure riding or my usual GS riding posts, but here goes....

Yesterday I dragged out my trusty ZXR400 and went to our local club practice day. I usually race in the F3 and Formula RR class, but this year I have been slack due to wedding and work and so on. So I trundled out there expecting to go fairly poorly due to lack of practice, but actually went pretty well, and worked on getting consintent fast laps, race simulations, and getting back on the pace after being baulked or going around a lapped rider. As it happened the day went very, very well. I managed to set personal best times and never once got passed which was a big bonus. I even managed to pass my two main competitors in the class - awesome! :D :D I had a few brake issues with brake fade after 6 laps and no brakes after 15 minutes, but that happened late in the day and I think I'll solve that with some HH compund pads, I just have a street compound in there now. Anyhow not too much more to say, here's some happy snaps, the dude with the camera was only on one corner (one of the hairpins), so all the shots are in that area........ :oops:

Practice049.jpg

Practice057.jpg

Practice075_edited.jpg

Practice114_edited.jpg

Practice128_edited.jpg

Practice156_edited.jpg

Practice176_edited.jpg