Another Vaalie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooies

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Hi Wild Dogs,

I got my 2008 TransAlp 4 months ago, have done 7000kms since, and plan to do 7 million more!  This is my first bike but I've been dreaming about it all my life.

I live in Joburg and did not realize that there are that many gravel roads in Gauteng!  During the 30 years that I've been around I haven't discovered as much of Gauteng as what I did during the last 4 short months since I got the bike.  In addition my wife and I have done a few trips into Mpumalanga and Limpopo - each one absolutely amazing.  Our next big trip is being planned for September when we will be loading the bike onto the train heading down to Cape Town.  From there we want to tour up the West Coast and through the Northern Cape back to Joburg and explore explore explore... 

To feed my other addiction, the next addition to my arsenal of goodies will be an 8-piece fly-fishing rod which will fit snugly into the topbox, right next to the tire levers.   :mwink:

It's great to find a place where people with similar interests can meet and exchange ideas and I look forward to participate in this forum.

Regards,

P1010480.jpg