Swivel and Fixed Sidecar on Super Tenere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
So after my first attempt  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=190646.0  I decided that I now have the confidence to tackle this bigger project.
Everybody in South Africa will only help you with a sidecar if it is fitted to a GS or a Ural it seems like.
But the funny thing is that once you start to post info on your build, you will have all the EXPERTS in the world chipping in.

That's fine, but I am forced to do it alone and I will do it MY WAY  :imaposer:

So I had this idea to build a sidecar looking like a Land Rover and have a sticker on the back saying :  "THANK GOODNES a YAMAHA CAME ALONG TO GET ME HOME"

But making a sidecar TUB from scratch is no easy task.

So when Keith started his new sidecar project, I decided to contact him and try and get one of his sidecar bodies as I like his shape.
I contacted the man and we made a deal....just a tub, I will do my own engineering.

I paid him a 50% deposito and less than 4 weeks later he phones me up to come and fetch my new tub.

I got into my old Vaal Japie tractor (Toyota Condor 3D 4x4) and went to fetch it in Swellendam where the tubs are produced by a professional boat building company.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,657
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,666