Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: HD also lied  (Read 4862 times)

Offline whitedelight

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: HD also lied
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 10:39:53 pm »
I am sure HD lies about their noise levels too....

Stock they are not noisy at all.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline Eendstop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Too many fools around
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 05:18:48 am »
I am sure HD lies about their noise levels too....

Stock they are not noisy at all.

Don't despair.  Help is available : www.earinstitute.co.za

:peepwall:
Thought so, tough behind a keyboard, but no balls.......

Offline Eendstop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Too many fools around
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 06:11:18 am »
And,  welcome Mitsubishi to the liars den.

They seem to have lied so that Jap government stopped the sale of some models.  Their sales nosedived by 35% in Japan.

(news 24 -  wheels)

Makes me think of a line from the song Blowing in the wind : When will they ever learn?...... Though the song deals with war.
Thought so, tough behind a keyboard, but no balls.......

Offline Fudge

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 06:23:35 am »
Aston Martin’s gas-guzzling Vantage sports car is the only vehicle to achieve its advertised fuel consumption, according to new research.

A study by testing company Emissions Analytics found the 190mph vehicle managed 21.5 miles per gallon, beating the manufacturer’s claim of 20.5 mpg, according to the official testing regime.

On-the-road tests conducted by Emissions Analytics it was found that, on average, certified fuel consumption figures released by car manufacturers were out by 30pc.

“...Emissions Analytics’ database showed that in the past two years, only Aston Martin’s 4.7-litre Vantage Coupe achieved official figures.

Honda’s 1.6-litre Civic was the best-performing car, achieving 61.8 mpg in Emissions Analytics’ tests. However, the model’s official figure was 78.5 mpg – a 21.3pc difference.

Britain’s best-selling car, the Ford Fiesta, managed 37.8 mpg, against an official figure of  62.8 mpg for the petrol version.

Worst-performing was BMW’s X5, at 16.2 mpg under Emissions Analytics’ tests, versus 25.4 mpg in official figures.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/31/dieselgate-the-only-car-that-actually-passes-new-real-world-emis/

Honda XR125L
Honda XL600R
Honda XR600R
Yamaha TW200

Offline lecap

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 11:24:58 am »
Aston Martin’s gas-guzzling Vantage sports car is the only vehicle to achieve its advertised fuel consumption, according to new research.

A study by testing company Emissions Analytics found the 190mph vehicle managed 21.5 miles per gallon, beating the manufacturer’s claim of 20.5 mpg, according to the official testing regime.

On-the-road tests conducted by Emissions Analytics it was found that, on average, certified fuel consumption figures released by car manufacturers were out by 30pc.

“...Emissions Analytics’ database showed that in the past two years, only Aston Martin’s 4.7-litre Vantage Coupe achieved official figures.

Honda’s 1.6-litre Civic was the best-performing car, achieving 61.8 mpg in Emissions Analytics’ tests. However, the model’s official figure was 78.5 mpg – a 21.3pc difference.

Britain’s best-selling car, the Ford Fiesta, managed 37.8 mpg, against an official figure of  62.8 mpg for the petrol version.

Worst-performing was BMW’s X5, at 16.2 mpg under Emissions Analytics’ tests, versus 25.4 mpg in official figures.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/31/dieselgate-the-only-car-that-actually-passes-new-real-world-emis/

Look into the methods how the gas mileage tests are performed: The cars are gutted to the point that they don't have air con (not as in switching it off but as in removing it all together) and not even an alternator (they run off the battery during the test cycle) to reduce parasitic losses. Probably also no interior and the driver is sitting on a card board box ::) Bull shitting the buyer.
The only consolation is that all manufacturers (except Aston Martin) are likely equally good at bull shitting which means the fuel consumption figures can still be used as comparison.

Just don't expect to achieve the same fuel efficiency. Unless maybe if you leave the alternator, the aircon and the interiors at home :evil6:

And if you buy an Aston Martin well then you probably are not really interested in the fuel consumption figures :cheers:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 05:27:09 am »

...And if you buy an Aston Martin well then you probably are not really interested in the fuel consumption figures :cheers:

You are far more concerned at the rate an AM depreciates once you buy it...  :eek7:
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline lecap

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 07:51:52 am »

...And if you buy an Aston Martin well then you probably are not really interested in the fuel consumption figures :cheers:

You are far more concerned at the rate an AM depreciates once you buy it...  :eek7:

Buying an Aston Martin as an investment?

That's like flying Virgin Atlantic to avoid pregnancy ::) :laughing5:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 08:13:36 am »
You'll all missing the point: Its bloody stupid to be whinging about emissions and all that crap when half the planet is ravaged in wildfires every year.

I hate hate HATE  nanny-state bullshit laws and the self righteous people who support them on their laptops and iphones filled with coltan mined by little children in a congoloses war zone.... ::)

HD's  are not all that bad, so long as you like sitting in a gynecologist's chair.

I feel better now ;D
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:02 pm »
You'll all missing the point: Its bloody stupid to be whinging about emissions and all that crap when half the planet is ravaged in wildfires every year.

I hate hate HATE  nanny-state bullshit laws and the self righteous people who support them on their laptops and iphones filled with coltan mined by little children in a congoloses war zone.... ::)

HD's  are not all that bad, so long as you like sitting in a gynecologist's chair.

I feel better now ;D

AMEN Brother!

My sentiments exactly. 

Read some time ago in a magazine about this rich aunty and her "naweekplasie" somewhere in the WC.  She spent huge amounts to have everything on this "plasie" natural, self sustainable, eco friendly, recycled, ozone friendly, carbon friendly, organically produced, etc, etc.  And then it is just mentioned by the way that she flies between Gauteng and WC on almost a weekly basis to spend as much time as possible in this little paradise of hers...

I consider myself a pessimist. I am therefore always right...eventually.

Offline lecap

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 10:48:29 am »

I hate hate HATE  nanny-state bullshit laws and the self righteous people who support them on their laptops and iphones filled with coltan mined by little children in a congoloses war zone.... ::)

HD's  are not all that bad, so long as you like sitting in a gynecologist's chair.

I feel better now ;D

AMEN Brother!

My sentiments exactly. 

Read some time ago in a magazine about this rich aunty and her "naweekplasie" somewhere in the WC.  She spent huge amounts to have everything on this "plasie" natural, self sustainable, eco friendly, recycled, ozone friendly, carbon friendly, organically produced, etc, etc.  And then it is just mentioned by the way that she flies between Gauteng and WC on almost a weekly basis to spend as much time as possible in this little paradise of hers...

The fuel consumption figures of a modern jet liner per passenger and per kilometre travelled are about the same as for a medium size car. Means flying in itself isn't that bad since it saves you time and the roads congestion.

But I agree the holiday home should ideally be within easy reach of her residential address as in maybe an hours drive. Or three hours in case of Gauteng since driving for an hour likely does not get you anywhere :-\ :evil6:

I feel better now ;D

There is a difference between carbon dioxide released from burning vegetation and carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels.

Instead of turning your wrath against bunny huggers and environmentalists maybe have a look at an automobile industry which for decades wasted almost all technological advances for bringing us bigger and more and more powerful cars instead of bringing us cars which use resources in a more sustainable manner. Or governments which insist on using cheap fossil fuels for power generation instead of developing alternative clean and renewable sources.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:58 pm »
Lecap I would rather not because the next thing in line is my beloved but inefficient motorbike engine.

And anyway, that wasn't the point of my post or this thread was it? :laughing7:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250