And the winner for the K@kest tyre ever !!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draad

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
HEIDIES  ( Heidenhau ) :dousing: :dousing:  
I take they last longer due to a harder compound rubber and not to bad running to work and back and even for the quick run to the Mall BUT never never ever take them on a dirt road or even on a tar road with small potholes !!!

My last 2 trips, and running at 1.8 and 2 bar ( anything less is a danger ) I had them blow out on me ( Rims perfect ).  After the first trip I changed my back tyre to Mitas ( Heidi 95% tread left when I pulled it of ) but the front looked Ok and left the Heidi on the front which was a huge mistake.

We were cruising at round 80kays on a realy good dirt road when I crossed a bridge with a small ditch  ( Did not even feel it) when I had to suddenly do some bike ballet...tank slap etc .. front just blew  :xxbah: What will happen at 120 ??? You will go down hard believe me !

Anyway no problems with Mitas at the moment but not to sure what to fit on the front ...maybe Mitas or what say you  :deal: :deal:

PS this on the 1150 gs

{Mod's Comment: Remember there are always three sides to every story, this thread has been allowed to get a bit out of hand by Draad's own admission therefore I draw your attention to the vendor's response here https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=197879.60. There are other independent replies worth reading to provide more complete context for any reader.}