Advice needed re - KTM 200 XCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weskus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Guys, I'm in the market for a KTM200/250/300 XCW but probably more towards the 200.. do not want to race but use it as a weekend bike and to help uplift the fitness(or lack thereof) levels.. I sold my 300 last year after October and been wanting an off-road ever since..Want something from 2012 or newer... Went looking at a few and the one that were maintained the best according to my observation have the following that bothers me:

- The bike is neat and clean and paperwork for the maintenance done is available with top-end about 20hrs ago, also clutch done, changed to steel from alu?? Braces/fan/mooses everything, get up and ride kind-of bike..
- According to the seller he bought the bike as a 200 xcw six days (my question - were there 200 in six days trim?) but the previous owner installed a brand new 2014 motor in this 2013 SIX DAYS EXC 125 frame.. I do not understand that?
- Frame nr says 125 EXC..
- No NATIS documentation
- This is going to bite me when I want to sell again in future nê??
- What if I want to take it across the border to go do Koës Rally or something, I'm going to get k@k at the border probably??
- Who can I phone and give engine and frame nr's to check??

Real advice would be appreciated...if I have to think with my hart this bike would've been in my garage allready, but my head says otherwise..