Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Isuzu Bumpers hurt  (Read 1447 times)

Offline toucan

Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 03:06:41 pm »
i spoke to GS at lyndhurst, his not a happy bunny but he is walking about. he'll have some cool scars, chicks dig scars (but not the gaping hole where your eye used to be :D  :D ).

the stof donkie doesn't look too bad. a bit of duct tape and you'll be back on the road.
i'm not a complete idiot. some parts are missing.

Offline chrisB

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 03:26:53 pm »
Sorry to hear! when will you e able to ride again?
G650 Xchallenge - uBerThuMper II

Offline Grootseun

Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 03:52:28 pm »
Quote from: "chrisB"
Sorry to hear! when will you e able to ride again?

I spent the day on site.. walking up and down 5 flights of stairs as the lifts are being refurbed.. if i can walk i can ride... it depends on when i get stofdonkie back...
now where's that duct tape Toucan?

Offline chrisB

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 04:04:48 pm »
How much $$$ damage?
G650 Xchallenge - uBerThuMper II

Offline Nico

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 04:29:39 pm »
Sorry to hear about the off. Don't be surprised if that is a lot of damage $$$ wise. Glad you are up and about though.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 04:51:02 pm »
Remember to claim for everything and anything, all scratches from offs, clothing, helmet, gloves, et al.

Welsh  :twisted:  8)
Putting the Drunken Pagan Debauchery back into Christmas.

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 06:00:40 pm »
Sorry to hear, hope you and stofdonkie are back on the road soon !
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Grootseun

Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 12:22:21 pm »
Quote from: "michnus"
Yes, and all the work that was done by the car company to make cars save for impacts pedestrians and motorcycles, out the window because of the bullbar. They need to ban all bullbars on bakkies. :evil:

Just a question, if you look back at the accident, with better training, collision avoidance training, any more measurable experienced would you think it was possible that you could have avoided the accident?

Michnus, If  i look back on the accident (and it happens everytime i go to bed) there is only one thing i could have done differently and that was to not ride over the speed limit,  I was not jaaging but i was not doing 60 either.

The womand stopped across the intersection when she panicked, there was perhaps a metre between her bumper and the kerb where i tried to squeeze through...if i managed to squeeze through i might have not been able to avoid hitting the kerb  on the other side of the intersection, resulting in me hitting the wall or traffic light or other signage. All in all, i was lucky like the doc said.
In retrospect i conclude: If i had gone any faster, i would not have been able to slow down enough to contain the damage to what i have at the moment and it could have been ALOT worse.
If i was not wearing armoured pants i would have been in hospital still. If i was wearing proper enduro boots, the damage to the lower part of my leg could have been reduced.

Like Hein Said... dont focus on the waht-ifs

Slow down in traffic, it's good to accelarate to clear traffic, but settle into a manageble speed.
Expect the other person to make a mistake and ready for it. IE, if someone is waiting at a traffic light, slow down in order to do manageble evasive manouvres.
Wear the gear, proper boots, proper ARMOURED Gear
Gloves, i had not a sctratch on my hads, and my gloves was full of glass.
Get the cops to come if there are any injuries.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 12:48:49 pm »
Yeah, good luck with the Donkie, and glad you had "good luck" with the smash.

Howzit Michnus, how is the "Tossers Wrist" afliction coming along?

Welsh  :twisted:  8)

"I think I'm too overwhelming for just one person."
Putting the Drunken Pagan Debauchery back into Christmas.

Offline Reg

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Failure is not an option.
    • GDI
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 01:14:00 pm »
Sorry to hear about your escapades.

Glad to see that you are ok, any accident that you can walk away from is a good one. Good luck with the repairs on your bike.

Did the Isuzu driver acknowledge that it was her fault?, When I hit a car while lane splitting the woman driver was convinced that she had done nothing wrong and tried to sue me for her damages ..... she lost.

Hopefully you don't have that fight as well, good luck getting your insurance excess back from her..... the eternal wait.

You will replay the accident over in your mind a thousand times, but what you did in the heat of the moment is normally the right thing.
Regards

Reg

To fly is great, to hover is awesome. Ex- Helicopter Pilot.. for now. Past Bikes: XL650V XL1000V (Dero)

Offline Nico

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 01:14:18 pm »
If you were REALLY lucky, you would have managed to squeeze trough the gap and come off unscathed. :)

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 03:01:55 pm »
Unlucky dude, well sort of and lots of lucky as well. Glad you at least able to tell the tale hope your injuries heal fast as it hurts more if you a big boy and mommy ain't there to kiss it better (This I know after coming off in Crete with no protective gear at all :? )
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline CaMojo

Isuzu Bumpers hurt
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 10:20:23 pm »
Sorry to hear about the mishap,

Glad your'e Ok.

Let us know if you need any parts to fix the bike,

Rgds,

JJ