Dullstroom - Sat 15th July 2006

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funacide

Race Dog
Administrator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
So a spur of the moment decision to go for a ride on Saturday 15th July. Wino, Cuteness and myself. Due to meet at Cullinan at 08h00. Wino arrives at 08h20 saying Cuteness is having problems starting the bike. After filling up with go juice, we head off in the direction of Losskop with the idea of going on to Dullstroom after that.
DSC01259_.jpg

We wanted to take a nice slow trip to enjoy some of the scenery on the way. The morning was cold but a beautiful day with a slight breeze blowing to get rid of the dust as quick as possible.

We stopped at the regular intersection for a smoke break
DSC01260_.jpg

DSC01261_.jpg

Stopped at the next intersection for some quick pics
DSC01262_.jpg

DSC01263_.jpg

DSC01264_.jpg

We normally head over the bridge in the road at pace, this day Wino and myself decided to go below the bridge to have a look. The bikes looking awesome in their natural environment
DSC01265_.jpg

DSC01266_.jpg

DSC01268_.jpg

Wino going to look at the river crossing to decide if he wants to try and go through
DSC01267_.jpg

After deciding to go through for no other reason than to come back again
DSC01269_.jpg

DSC01270_.jpg

DSC01271_.jpg

DSC01272_.jpg

DSC01273_.jpg

Just before taking the rocky section up the road, stopped to take some more pics, just awesome out here!
DSC01274_.jpg

DSC01275_.jpg

About half way up the rocky section, we stopped for some more pics next to a dam in the area
DSC01276_.jpg

DSC01277_.jpg

DSC01278_.jpg

The road just before Losskop, has some awesome scenery, we stopped a few times to take some pics.
DSC01279_.jpg

DSC01280_.jpg

DSC01281_.jpg

DSC01282_.jpg

DSC01283_.jpg

Just as you come into Losskop, there is a bridge crossing the Olifants River, the last time I was there in summer, the river was flowing so hard that the restaurant on the side was half under water
DSC01284_.jpg

DSC01285_.jpg

DSC01286_.jpg

DSC01287_.jpg

On the other side of the river, there is an interesting sign, strange because the river is open to people to walk into, no fence separating the river to this area, maybe just a scare tactic (although there is a crocodile farm just around the corner???)
DSC01289_.jpg

We then decided to go and have a drink before heading off to Dullstroom, and who do we run into, Adventurer

DSC01290_.jpg

DSC01291_.jpg

While having a drink and chatting to Adventurer, Cuteness let us know they were on the way to join us as he had got his bike going. Once they arrived and gotten some food, we set off for Dullstroom. When we stopped along the way, I had a look at the rear tyre to notice a 10 to 15cm cut (down to thread) on the rear tyre. Wino and Cuteness headed off for Dullstroom and I headed back slowly to home.

Thanks to Camojo and partner for riding slowly back with me to make sure I made it home safely. The GS is now sporting some brand new TKC?s, tried them out in the sand (not deflated) and they are awesome.

Thanks to Wino for the ride, it was awesome, I want to go back and do the Dullstroom section soon. Hopefully he will add to the trip report for the sections that I missed.
8) 8)