Help and Advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThumpXR650

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
My XR650L 2012 has me in a flat spin...  Started with battery not charging... i was advised to buy a new regulator/rectifier. I found an aftermarket one and installed it.  After a few rides my battery was flat again... so i was told to replace it...and that i did... After a few more rides my new battery ran flat also  :-\ 
Next we decided to have a look at the alternator and it was found that a line up pin was fused to some of the wiring (HONDA worked on my bike and left me that little present inside). ...anyways i had the alternator rewired and put the original regulator/rectifier back.

My XR was charging and putting a smile on my face again!! However that was short lived as on our last ride i noticed my indicator light blew...then noticed my headlight blew and ,y batterys side profile looks like somebody with a beer boeb and that was the day my XR died... approx 3 months ago.

Capacitor in my CDI unit blew. Had someone look at it to possibly fix it but no luck.

Im worried that if i buy a new CDI that it might just blow again under load.

Im in Port Elizabeth.  Know any good Auto Electricians in PE?  I have been to a few and nobody seems to be qualified enough to fix this supposed to be no can die simple bike