A tribute to my dad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Earlier this year my dad passed away. While I was going through some of his things I found some old photos, letters and promo photos of his bikes. I don't have all the details, but I know that before my parents got married he owned a Honda 450. Then he found out that Honda would be releasing a 750, so he wrote to Honda to find out about the bike. I found a number of letters from Honda to him about his interest in it, first with no details (as they were not yet released to the public) and then including details, brochures and promo pics. Of course my dad had to have one so he ordered the bike and he got what I have been told was the first Honda CB750 in the country. My mom says he went down to the dock to see it being unloaded from the ship...Unfortunately I have not yet found photo's of my dad with the 750, but I still have more stuff to go through. Even more unfortunate is that my dad was in an accident with the bike (not sure how long he had it). He was fine, but it scared my mom enough, so that was the end of his biking days...

Attachments

• Dad with Honda 450.jpg
    Dad with Honda 450.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Letter from Honda.jpg
    Letter from Honda.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Honda 750 ad.jpg
    Honda 750 ad.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 382
  • Promo shots.jpg
    Promo shots.jpg