Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: My first US ride report  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Yo! Sup?
Re: My first US ride report
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 10:45:00 am »
After Popi's comment on "But those aren't real dirt roads  " i decided to take the Versys onto a bit more ruff roads. It handled it with great success. Again, not many pics but I was very impressed with the going and ez handling of the bike. The tyres were the only problem, when I went through the drift, I had to have speed. If i got stuck in the mud, i would have battled to get it out. But it went perfect (see the tyres are a bit dirty). also, some places I had to make my own road as the existing road were blocked in same places. But that went OK also.

So before the real DS people start knocking, I know it is not a DS bike. I am just wondering what it would be able to do with knobbies. Also, it sounds like Metaljockey got one. I would like his comments.

O yes, can anybody spot my Harley Top-Box? Very nice. I think I am pulled into the darkness of HD's.  :mwink:

100001 110010 1101010

Offline Stephan

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • bwk
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 03:39:55 pm »
Nice ride Zonk. Good to see you back on dirt again. :thumbsup:
Hard reality does not often coincide with the people's wishes - Nelson Mandela

Offline popipants

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2008, 06:12:46 pm »
aahhhh... Much better Zonk.

I've been on the Jameson diet for a week, so far I've lost 7 days....

Offline Metaljockey

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Dodgy S.O.B.
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2008, 07:36:35 pm »
Zonkel, I haven't done more than a couple of kays on gravel so I cannot give an informed opinion there.

I did do a review of the bike over here though http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=19115.0

The only thing I may add is that I appear to be able to get the roll-on, roll-off under more control now. Last weekend we went for a 600km roundtrip to Port St Johns, (turned out to be a moerse party). On the way there we travelled at a sustained 160km/h all the way, and the bike was sweet, really excellent.