Lesotho...here we come !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryblogs

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hello all dogs,
Something to do in your bucket list before they will tar the mighty Sani Pass,
Our team constitute of 2 riders:
- Quinton: For the BMW Pretoria Club Members; he is the guy that do all the catering...He rides a BEEHEM GS 800 and he rides it well !
he smokes like a chimney, besides this, he is a lekker oke !
- Myself: Olivier. I ride a BEEHEM as well, but a 1200 GSA...I still have not given her a name. I have all the possible tools with me...but my mechanical knowledge is poor...but the willingness is here ! Confident and good spirit is the most important thing in a ride. A small detail: my riding capability is not always that great in big rocks...Red routes are about my limits...Well the bike seems to like laying down in these kind of terrain

Reason for the trip: I am one of the guy that is so lucky to have found the perfect match in terms of relationship..and since my wife and I met; everything we did, we did it together: beside the fact that She drink whiskeys, bring beers (and burb like the boys) like rugby and plays Golf, we also cook together in perfect harmony. We love entertaining, traveling etc...WE always agreed. she's got a hell of tempo (well, I am not an angel as well !), :angel13:
but some 5 years ago, I got hooked on off road riding with my pale Colin; I brought a pig (1150 GS)  :snorting: unfortunately I did not buy at that time the adventure version of it; because I was not going to waist my time on dirt roads in the dust on week-ends and so forth...
But my wife to not see this as a beautiful Hobby...on the contrary: she hates it with a passion!

The wheel has turned a lot, and now crazy for some nice rides in the beautiful region that what Southern Africa has to offer !
My wife left yesterday for a business trip to china...within minutes, (and behind my wife's back) Quinton and I put this route together...
We are leaving this afternoon for a 4 nights/5 days ride passing through Lesotho and do the Sani pass before these imbeciles will tar this road.

Thursday 8th September 2016...Departure 13h00 to Drakensville: 455 kms. We will have a beer at Bingelela + food.

Friday 9th September 2016...Drakensville to Sani pass Mountain Lodge...a beer at the Himville Arms will be a must + few at the top of the pass as well !

Saturday 10th September 2016...Sani Pass to Katse Dam...
I told you we love cooking...we each have our own specialities: Some of my wife are: Curries and also OX-tail... :thumleft:
So I ask her before she left yesterday, to cook some OX-tail in view to entertain some golf players at home on a long 19th hole...but I guess that the meal will go down perfectly fine in Katse Dam with a few of ice-cold beers...

Sunday 11th September 2016...Katse Dam to Afriski

Monday 12th September 2016...Afriski back to Centurion via Clarens, Golden Gate, and some added dirt roads riding back home.

I know what you are going to say: This  :useless:
So be patient, I will post all pics on our return.
At the mean time, here are the routes we are going to do:
So long Dogs !