Lady's training day....lotsa pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
So the long awaited ladyâ??s training day finally arrived, I met most of the eager participants at Sasol Pinehaven, after everyone had arrived we left for GS Adventures Farm where we met up with Stephen, the instructor, and Michelle, Darrellâ??s wife and co-owner of Danielsrust Game Farm in the Magalies area.
Coffee was laid on, good thing too, it was freezing cold.
The participants were Red, Blondie, Malibu, Misty, Silverluna, Cavegirl, Travel Gravel and Michelle.
The day started off with a basic outline of bike dynamics, suspension setup, tyre pressures, balance and riding position.
Thereafter it was off to the veld, where Stephen put everyone through their paces, learning how to accelerate in slippery conditions, weaving through the dreaded cones, doing tight circles, riding VERY slowly, all sorts of aspects of general bike control.
Lunchtime was a welcome break, the signs of fatigue beginning to show; luckily the day was relatively cool, ideal for this type of training.
After lunch, more cones, everyone hates them, but they teach you the fine art of manouvering a DS bike through tricky conditions.
Then it was braking, learning the feel of locking a back wheel, and the wonderful slide associated with it, all very well knowing how to move forward, always essential to learn how to stop fast on dirt.
The day was finished, a day well spent, you girls did very well, congratulations to all.
Thanks to Stephen and his family, and to Darrell and Michelle for the refreshments and the venue, I see many more courses taking place here, an ideal venue.
Note - This is not a long ride report from me, I leave it up to the participants to add their comments and experiences, none of them had time to take pictures, but Iâ??m sure they can fill in the blanks.

The venue, out in the veld.
IMG_1862.jpg

Course starts, under the trees.
IMG_1845.jpg

Gyro effect of your wheels.
IMG_1857.jpg

Balance and dynamics.
IMG_1865.jpg

Redâ??s wild dog.
IMG_1867.jpg

Off to the veld.
IMG_1873.jpg

Cave Girl
IMG_1879.jpg

Red.
IMG_1880.jpg

Misty.
IMG_1881.jpg

Michelle.
IMG_1894.jpg

Travel Gravel.
IMG_1925.jpg

Silverluna.
IMG_1890.jpg

Malibu.
IMG_1892.jpg

Blondie.
IMG_1904.jpg

Stephen.
IMG_1920.jpg

Travel Gravel and the cones.
IMG_1948.jpg

Silverluna showing how easy it is to pick up a 650.
IMG_1984.jpg

Malibu doing the circle.
IMG_1986.jpg

Misty braking.
IMG_2009.jpg

Red and the cones, dog keeping watch.
IMG_1963.jpg

Blondie understanding tyre grip.
IMG_1940.jpg

Cave Girl negotiating the cones.
IMG_1957.jpg

Michelle spinning it up.
IMG_2005.jpg

The group at the end of the day, exhausted but exhilarated.
IMG_2016.jpg