Center stand, side stand and lowering links SMOKKEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroke her

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Hi Guys

I am posting this here as I am hoping to do a "smokkel" rather than a sale...

Some background...

I recently bought an XT660Z (2012 non ABS) and at the time of purchase the bike was fitted with a 40mm lowering kit. The previous owner promised me the standard dogbones included in the sale. He unfortunately lost these but being the gentleman he is he ordered new ones for me from Yamaha. I fitted these last night.

In the lowered state the bike was to low for me. I am 6'4" so now with the bike back to standard height I feel more at home.

There is a snag however...the center stand and side stand is now too short.

This leaves me with a few options listed here in order of preferrence:

1. Find an XT660Z owner that wants to lower his bike and swop side stands and center stands. This owner can pay me for the lowering links in Rondt, beer or whatever bike related item he wish to trade.

2. I sell side stand, center stand and lowering links and then use the funds to replace with new standard length items.

3. I get a mate to extend (weld insert extention) the side stand and center stand.

I would prefer not to go the welding route...bike is in mint condition so no need to Pooratech yet :biggrin:

So before I go the sale route...any dogs out there that want to lower their XT660z?

PS: My bike has 13800km on the clock and items reflect normal wear&tear as expected at such mileage.

PPS: Didnt take photos last night...I may if required. I am in Durbanville.

Attachments

• 20160826_144243_resized.jpg
    20160826_144243_resized.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20160826_144236_resized.jpg
    20160826_144236_resized.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 136