Old Mill Drift Sept 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Liddell

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
https://youtu.be/ueRq7bWyBZ4

I've been wanting to do OMD for some time now, and missed an opportunity to do it on my KLR in late December 2015 where a group I ride with went up on 690's, 950's, a 990, 1190 and a GS1200. 
I the meantime I acquired a KTM525 along with a mate and I still had my trusty CRF250x.  So the three of us decided to ride OMD in the plastics, trailer up and make it a family weekend, with Clarens being the carrot for the woman.
We stayed at the OMD Lodge because we wanted to be near the Caledon River and thus proved to be a good decision with lots for the kids to do, and we didn't have to travel on any public roads since we wanted to do the drift in both directions in one morning. 
Both Philip and Rory had done the route before, Rory having stayed at Rebellie over the mountain and closer to Clarens.
I mounted the Hero 2 to Rory's helmet and the VirbXE to mine and we set off.  As you can imagine, the plastic bikes coped well with the pass and we had completed the trip to Rebellie and back within a few hours.  This  part of the ride is featured in the video above.  I will be editing and uploading a second video soon in which we took our bikes into the mountains and pretended it was The Roof.