A week in Paradise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
The plan was for me to go do a small ride in the weekend  220km gravel round trip,but at a last moment the plan changed and i was going to be at the farm the whole week.

All my bike gear packed and ready

DSC01263.jpg

The weather forecast said there was going to be rain,but that was unheard of here i am starting the first ride a 177km ride witch had  small mountain passes sand WILD animals water etc.

DSC01277.jpg

1st stop I had to go fill my camelback up with some drinking water did i mention it was freakin cold my hands went completely numb

DSC01279.jpg

Just before i hit the gravel... The conditions were great no wind/rain just cold.
DSC01280.jpg

Here i am at the worlds best coffee shop i had to put my hands on the exhaust a bit to let them warm
DSC01284.jpg

Ah choices should i go left or right? lets go right first then come back later and take the left route as well
DSC01287.jpg

here things started to get interesting on the maps that i used T4A and streetmaps it stated that the next roads are all public roads, needles to say in the meantime all this land has been bought and changed into a wildlife reserve lions elephants rionos leopards etc. I rode in not knowing that stopping every now and then.
DSC01297.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

as i rode through i came to i huge locked gate,that was supposed to be my way out,so i turned back i see a cloud of dust and at the front a land cruiser bakkie with a logo "Sabona Game Reserve" on the door. The guy stops and asked me how on earth did i get it here, so i told in i just rode in,on the gps it says public road.He tells me about there land now being a reserve etc. So i say i will just leave the way i came in then? He said NO the elephants are just a km or so back and if I get stepped on they will have big problems so he unlocked the gate and i went on.

DSC01288.jpg

I rode the rest of the way back on the montagu to ladismith road later joining the Laingsburg to ladismith road i got home after a 4hour ride but what a ride it was.

Because I stayed the whole week alone i slept at a friendlike oom and tannies house and every morning i would ride to the farm work a bit eat and ride some more this is the road from them to the farm
DSC01325.jpg

Some riding at the farm
DSC01304.jpg

The rest of the week i did some mountain riding gravel tar water sand it was great 
DSC00017.jpg

A road called voorbaat nice gravel to go around the mountain
DSC00022.jpg

Some more
DSC00016.jpg

Getting stuck in a river crossing
DSC00003.jpg

Some water and mountain riding
DSC01322.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Sand this was difficult with so little low down grunt
DSC01304.jpg

All in all a great week in Paradise offroad riding was the order of the day every day,what did i learn from this trip? Get a kidney belt all the shaking has me stopping allot, a decent camera the phone just doesn't cut it. And winter gloves frozen numb hands aren't lekke.

DSC00013.jpg