Zambian Trip Planning Assistance Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venter

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Morning All,

I have the opportunity to do a solo trip up to Ndola, Zambia since I have to be there for work. This will be my first trip outside SA borders and therefore I am trying to get as much information as possible.

I need assistance with the border controls. I am planning to cross over at Martin's Drift Border Control and again at Kazungula. Can anyone assist me with the expected border crossing fees for both these crossings?
Also do anyone know what the expected Ferry crossing fee is at Kazungula?
Then petrol, can anyone please provide me with the current petrol prices of both Botswana and Zambia?

I will be planning to stick to tar as much as possible, can anyone comment on the road conditions in Zambia? I know that Botswana has quite decent road surfaces.

Since I mentioned that this will be my first trip outside SA, any advice and tips would be most appreciated. I am reading through the various threads to get an idea as to what I need to pack and so forth but the more information I can gather before I leave the better. Especially regarding the two countries I will be crossing through, the do's and don'ts basically.

Thanks in advance to all the help!!