Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Seat uncomfortable  (Read 2697 times)

Offline BSD65

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Seat uncomfortable
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 09:27:45 am »
I've been using the Airhawk cushion, its an improvement, but still numb bum after 4-5hrs riding.  I have ordered the "gold-gel" pad from Luimoto and will post if its an improvement.

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 09:41:17 am »
 :sip: Any bum will be numb after 5 hours, imo the gell seat does not work, you still get a pressure point that pushes on nerves and causing the numbness.
About thirty years ago, I recall a add in the Huisgenoot (full page) of this inflatable mattress that will prevent bedsores in terminally ill persons.
They later made a smaller square one for pilots flying long distance and for wheel chair users and eventually for motorbike riders.
These were identical in design (buns with interlinking channels to let the air move)
This way the pressure points move all the time because you move without realizing it.
I will never ride without my Airhawk.
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 06:31:40 am »
:sip: Any bum will be numb after 5 hours, imo the gell seat does not work, you still get a pressure point that pushes on nerves and causing the numbness.
About thirty years ago, I recall a add in the Huisgenoot (full page) of this inflatable mattress that will prevent bedsores in terminally ill persons.
They later made a smaller square one for pilots flying long distance and for wheel chair users and eventually for motorbike riders.
These were identical in design (buns with interlinking channels to let the air move)
This way the pressure points move all the time because you move without realizing it.
I will never ride without my Airhawk.

Just before the Sasol Solar Challenge, I broke down and forked out the cash for an AirHawk.  It takes awhile to get used to it, but after spending many hours a day, for 10 days on the bike, I am sold.  Money well spend.  The bum goes numb after some hours, my guess about three to four times longer than standard seat, but more importantly, it never hurt! 
.#BRADICAL!