My first tracker build.BMW R100 RT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ianbeen

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL1000V Varadero
Hi all....Humble apologies for being away from here for so long. Since I got into the machining side of things I havent been able to do much in the way of bike building. My time always extremely limited with full time work and a steadily growing hobby/business 8)...

Good news is that Ive been able to buy a proper milling machine now so things are going well.

I have now been commissioned to build a BMW R100 Tracker and will post regular pics as I go along. Its a joint build so I will be doing the suspension mods and frame as well as the ally bits. Motor has already been done by a chap in George and it looks stunning.

The client contacted me for a quote on a Yamaha R1 front end conversion for a BMW. I gave hime a quote and he said he would get back to me as soon as he finds a donor bike. I then offered mine to him as well as the R1 front end and rear Ohlins that I had already collected. Two days later the deal was on and now in full swing.

First pic is of me and my ugly mug back in the days when she was still a bonified RT.
Second pic is just the stripped frame. Client rode the bike to George and they tore it down there. He brought the rolling chassis back to me.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 828
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 848