Swedish Metal - Husaberg FE650 project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Well after owning a lot of bikes in the last couple of years the models that is left is getting seriously thin. I do not like big bikes, they are heavy and make me crash like a champ. I like light thumpers with decent suspension. Dirtwarp's FE550 always interested me.

280120131221_Copy_zpsc6esvqsf.jpg

Problem is they are discontinued, heck we may never see the Husaberg brand ever again. Some parts are a problem and the left hand kick start is weird, as is most of the bike but heck. Well I started putting the feelers out and to be honest I did not have much hope, but then out of the blue I received a PM. Then I received some pictures, it was a 2008  :thumleft: The last year of the FE650 and 550 production run. This year featured black wheels, billet adjustable clamps and hubs. In typical KTM fashion the last model year also had most of the issues sorted out. Eventually decided to go for it. So tonight I pushed the Berg into the garage. It's in need of a serious wash so please dont look to closely.

I present the FE650E that will need some tinkering but I enjoy that kind of thing !
IMG_7907_zpsgmwxbj96.jpg

As it stands 92 hours on the clock

IMG_7909_zpsxxzxdhbg.jpg