Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KLE 500 sluk en backfire  (Read 1249 times)

Offline See Duiwel

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Passop voor!
KLE 500 sluk en backfire
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:39:05 pm »
Jis manne.  Give a bit of help plese. Wifeys KLE 500 all of a sudden backfires after a splitsecond hic. Ai my Engels is so kak. Vertaal tog daar vir die soutstringe asb. Bike doen dit net so elke 10km omtrent. Gee so 'n vinnige sluk en skiet KADWA!!!!.
Genoeg om my te laat omkyk. Is dit dalk elektries? Kop sÍ as dit meganies was sou dit heeltyd gebeur. Snaaks is dat dit op gelyk teerpad ook doen, so dit kan nie 'n slegte konneksie wees nie. What say you okes?
A car window is just a TV screen

Offline lecap

Re: KLE 500 sluk en backfire
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 01:54:43 pm »
I'd start witjh the easy stuff, replace spark plugs.

How does the bike start and idle?

How does it run in general? Good power or does it hesitate or not pull properly at all?
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Titanic

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Life begins at 260.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »
Jis manne.  Give a bit of help plese. Wifeys KLE 500 all of a sudden backfires after a splitsecond hic. Ai my Engels is so kak. Vertaal tog daar vir die soutstringe asb. Bike doen dit net so elke 10km omtrent. Gee so 'n vinnige sluk en skiet KADWA!!!!.
Genoeg om my te laat omkyk. Is dit dalk elektries? Kop sÍ as dit meganies was sou dit heeltyd gebeur. Snaaks is dat dit op gelyk teerpad ook doen, so dit kan nie 'n slegte konneksie wees nie. What say you okes?
Google translate tried it's best: LOL

Jis men. Give a bit of help plese. Wifeys clothing 500 all or a sudden backfires after a splitsecond hic. Oh my English is so shit. Translation yet they please for soutstringe. Bike just do it so every 10km about. Give such a quick sip and shoot KADWA !!!!.
Enough to turn around me. Could it be electric? Head said if it was mechanical, it would always happen. Funny that it does on flat asphalt, so it can not be a bad connection. What say you Okes?

Offline See Duiwel

• Race Dog
  • Passop voor!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 08:35:06 am »

How does it run in general? Good power or does it hesitate or not pull properly at all?

Morning!
No problem with start,idle or pull.
Just now and then it does that splitsecond hic and the backfire.  Do you think its maybe in the ignition switch?

Am going on a trip from tomorrow so I think next week sometime I'll bring the bike to you Jurgen. You still have the same workshop adres?

Offline Oupa Foe-rie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Oom Foe-rie was hacked by a Mod.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 08:40:21 am »
SD .......... wys jou liefde vir M en koop vir haar n nuwe skoeter .............  :thumleft:
Yamaha XT1200Z ........... Take your soul everywhere and back

Offline lecap

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:24:07 am »

Morning!
No problem with start,idle or pull.
Just now and then it does that splitsecond hic and the backfire.  Do you think its maybe in the ignition switch?

Am going on a trip from tomorrow so I think next week sometime I'll bring the bike to you Jurgen. You still have the same workshop adres?

Same place
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline See Duiwel

• Race Dog
  • Passop voor!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »
Thanks mate,  will let you know.
Oompie F.....bly in jou baan :P

Offline Carl84

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 09:36:51 pm »
This is a long shot but check that your regulator is not overcharging. My bike had a hesitation at 3-4k revs and after replacing the reg no more problems! The high voltage somehow messes with the CDI

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk