Biker lady down over the weekend - Plattekloof rd over N7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikerider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I noticed an unusual looking bike on Tygervalley Rd on Friday at about 18h00. The bike and rider looked impressive and at the time I had no idea it was a young lady under all that gear. I missed the actual incident by seconds that took place on the bridge over the N7 towards Caltex refinery and Koeberg Rd. A pedestrian, appearing to be a homeless person, was crawling towards the pavement and the rider of the bike ended up in the oncoming lane. I suspect she was hit be a vehicle heading from Koeberg Rd towards Plattekloof.  

Someone was already with the rider and I was amazed to notice the bike more than 100m down the road across the bridge. I suspect she came off after hitting the pedestrian and the bike carried on before falling over, sliding to a stop. I pulled over to pick the bike up and push it back to where the driver was as it was just a matter of time before someone ended up driving over the bike. The sun that is in your eyes on that spot that time of the afternoon does not help.... The bike had minimal damage and mostly from just sliding along on the tar.

it was only when I got to where the rider was that I realized it was a lady rider. She was in a lot of pain and unable to communicate. It kind of spoiled the rest of my evening out  :-[. We managed to get hold of a friend who new the paramedics that attended to the rider and the only info we could get was "lots of broken bones, but ok"... :-\

Anybody know the young lady? Good thing she was properly geared from head to toe but if a oncoming vehicle hits you, good gear can only do so much... I cannot believe I did not check what kind of bike it was but while pushing the bike, I was too busy dodging idiot drivers that could not give a damn and just want to carry on driving as if nothing happened.