a Strange twist in my Adv-biking "career" ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRRX

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
After 4,5 yrs and 45 000k's of absolute trouble-free and great riding on my XR650L, I came to the actually sad realisation that I need a new bike ...  :'(
Times is changing; I'm getting older  :patch: and all my riding buddies has moved on to much more modern and bigger equipment ...  :eek7:

Well it took some exhaustive research and even more exhaustive negotiations - to finally get to "something" ...

My first choice by 148 000 miles would have been a new Africa Twin !!! - but its toooo expensive for me, and also too scarce at the moment - the one's available is a 1000+ k's from me ...  :'( - and still too expensive ...  ::)

I was hoping for a more affordable new Japanese release in the middle-weight/price class - but no - only thing definite is a darn new Adv scooter !!!  :xxbah: :xxbah:  ... or a new CRF250L at R64 000 - crazy!!!  :eek: :eek:

Taking "mental note" of a recently "bad" experience with an AT owner and so on - I decided to look at the "other" brands - well it's obviously not the brand of bike that determines how good or bad a person treats other people ...

Long story short - I picked up a BMW  :-[ :-[ :-[ F800GSA - 2013/14 model with a mere 2477km on the clock - why did the guy bought it in the 1st place?!! Obviously at a price that makes the price of a new AT sounds ridiculous ... and Zuma is working around the clock on increasing the price even more when the 2017's arrives - eventually ...  ::)
I've test-driven it for 60 odd k's - and it feels "fine" even "lekker" - NOT a AT - but a lot better than I imagined ...  :ricky:

So, I'm currently in the middle of a personal very looong weekend - as delivery is only on Monday sometime ...
And yes - although not my 1st choice - I am very excited about the GSA, and hoping it will follow in the footsteps of my beloved XR !!!
Come on Monday ...

Attachments

• F8001.jpg
    F8001.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 1,127
  • F8002.jpg
    F8002.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 1,122