Tire choice time again - Michelin T63 vs. Mitas EO7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelwithacause

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Its that time again, tie to choice tires.

I would like to think that I'm a stonch offroad tourer but, the reality is roads weekdays and dirt say every second weekend. That would mean like 80/20 ish, but in reality I think to do the 20 offroad well, you cant really use a 80/20 tire.

I currently have Dunlop D606 on my bike 20/80, flippin amazing offroad for the KLR and okay on the road. I ride it pretty hard and not afraid to lean in turns. the tire does give a little drift sometimes in turns and does lock up and wag its tail when you down shift bit to much, but if you know that you can handle it. My only complaint and reason I would not get another set is just that it really does not lst long while doing the 80 road bit. This was what I expected and has done only 5000km and is due for replacement. Great thing about it, is that it was cheap.

I am now obviously looking for something else that is also either cheap and goes a long way or bit more expensive but then should really give me at least 10km.

My first option include: Michelin T63 tires front and rear as the cheaper option and hopefully little more mileage than the D606. I however don't expect much more than from the D606 since they have similar thread patterns. I do think that they will handle the 20 offroad really well and this makes me smile. Onroad I would expect similar characteristics as from the D606.

My second option is Mitas E07 front and rear. I know some guys dont dig the EO7 front, not sure why? Anyway, this would be my more expensive option, but I would expect much more millage from them, while still offering some serious performance of the offroad. I have heard of guys getting close to 20 000km on the EO7. That kind of milage would make me buy them, but I have also heard of guys getting around 5000 to 6000km on them and had to replace. This is the part that makes me wonder if they are worth the extra moola.

Has any on you guys had any of these tires on your bikes? What kind of millage with what kind of riding did you get on them?

A third, and probably nicley inbetween option would be the Bridgstone Trail wings