Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: You'll never make it......Up yours, I will.... No, Up yours, you won't........  (Read 1521 times)

Offline blauth

And this is sort of how it started.....

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:16:12 pm by blauth »

Offline blauth

I'll let the pics do the talking.....

Karkloof/Howick - Sani Pass- back to Karkloof/Howick

Offline blauth

Offline Sputnik080

Looking forward to this!  :ricky:
History:
1) 2008 Vuka XT125 (sold)     2) 2013 Motomia Java 170 (sold)     3) 2000 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin (sold)     4) 1994 Honda CBR600 F2 (sold)     5) 2004 Honda XL650V Transalp (sold)     6) 2004 BMW R1200GS (current)

Online woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
 :ricky:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline blauth

and here I get accused of riding a child's toy.    >:(

Online woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
Wow pass looks excellent !

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline blauth

Offline Slim Jim

Offline blauth

The second pic shows where I've come from. Looks far but went by in the blink of an eye.

Offline blauth

....made a friend who turned decidedly unfriendly when I wanted to leave. I'm talking claws and teeth....almost took my jugular out. I was lucky to escape with my life.

Offline blauth

Didn't really take too many pics up top. I got this sense that I didn't have enough evidence just as I left so I stopped and took a 'look back' pic.

Offline blauth

At least one poser pic is mandatory and here, she's posing with the best of them.

Offline blauth

Stopped off in Himeville for a beer and curry on the way back, before embarking on the journey back to Karkloof.

Offline jogi_c

Epic.

Well done

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR

Offline blauth

The trip was awesome.....I guess I can't say that the scoot was ridden by a little old lady (although I think my mates would agree with this comment  ;D)

Evaluation of the trip:
- Conditions were exceptionally good, dry and not too bumpy.
- The scooter was in 1st and 2nd almost the entire pass so going was pretty slow, probably all the better though. The suspension is shit! If you don't consciously de-weight, it bottoms the front out on the slightest of bumps, especially going down.
- Had to slingshot the last five or six corners motocross style to keep the speed up. I don't think it would have got going again if I'd slowed down too much or stopped.

All in all, it was a great little day trip.

I forgot to get a Sani Pass sticker for my scooter so if anyone has one, let me know please.

On another topic, we stayed on a farm near Karkloof falls. The bloke has converted old stables into rooms. There is a communal bathroom with hot water, and a communal kitchen/dinning area. The place was very clean and the owner very hospitable. Perfectly suitable for a fairly big group of bikers (15 to 20) on an adventure ride. Price was R200 pppn. It's called Shawswood Farm.

I'm not affiliated in any way to this establishment, I just liked it and thought some of you lot would too.

Online Fudge

:ricky: Love it!
Honda XR125L
Honda XL600R
Honda XR600R
Yamaha TW200

Offline blauth

This farm has an indigenous forest with it's very own 100m+ waterfall. An absolutely fantastic hike!!! I did both the top and bottom hikes.

Had a little run-in with a black mamba. Here are a few pics of the hike.

Offline blauth

On the lower hike, if you want to get to the base of the falls, you need to clamber of some seriously treacherous rocks. It was somewhat of a challenge to not kill myself but what a fantastic hike. Can do it easily in about three to four hours.