A Glamping trip to the Cederberg and West Coast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mother

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
My Glamping trip to the Cederberg and West Coast

Glamping one might ask ….well thats when you take your tent with all intentions of using it but end up finding better more Glamorous accommodation like a lodge…ready made camp or even a cheap hotel and then you Glamp at the nicer option….. now you are a Glamper….so according to my wife I went on a Glamping trip

Truth be told i had all intention of camping, packed my own food …took vacuum packed meat and Two Minute Noodles even had some stuffed olives, tin sardines…..a campers feast

We had recently had my Dads 80th Birthday celebration so i waited until all the family and friends left before taking a few days out for myself to go exploring the cape on my GS

olmans 80th

Had heard a lot about the Cederberg Oasis from some Wild dogs and had never been there myself so this was my first stop

Left Cape Town on Thursday took back roads to Wellington and up over Bainskloof pass which is always beautiful

from there to Ceres then on to Cederberg valley and the Oasis

the place is biker friendly and really geared for the overland, backpacker or the dirt biker…Met Gerhard or Gerrit the owner he was a nice guy and has a one pager honesty bar system which you mark as you consume

I noted a lot of WD stickers on the fridge….so most of you will know what I’m on about

I had my own tent and mattress but for R165 or R100 bucks extra from camping i decided it was a better option to stay in one of his tented units with mattress and bedding all sorted

this place was nice and peaceful and they left me alone to just do my own thing, which i did I had brought two books to read….my plan was to relax and that was exactly what i did….it was awesome….no traffic….no people