Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The 2016 Wild Dogs North bash ride report.  (Read 15037 times)

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: Official (according to Swifty) Bash Photo's Thread - all welcome!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 12:22:14 pm »
Just leaving this here as well:

Hey guys,

I've got 5 shirts here which were never collected:

Exploration (S)
Gryshond (3XL)
Lou (3XL)
Robyn (2XL)
Welsh (XL)

Please pm me so we can work out how I can get your shirt to you :)

There were also 3 shirts which were missing from the list that I will have printed ASAP:

Aaklige Attie (XL)
Hercules (2XL)
Masterbeertjie (2XL)

Please let me know if I missed anyone! :D
I got mine Minxy 👍
Putting the Drunken Pagan Debauchery back into Christmas.

Offline Minxy

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 12:31:59 pm »
I got mine Minxy 👍

Ok cool, it must have been labelled incorrectly then, since I'ts got your name on the packet. Will pass it onto Aaklige Attie in that case :thumleft:
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Hearts in the Desert -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241236.0

Offline Orangeswifty

• Please proceed to suck my
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 12:33:10 pm »
Just leaving this here as well:

Hey guys,

I've got 5 shirts here which were never collected:

Exploration (S)
Gryshond (3XL)
Lou (3XL)
Robyn (2XL)
Welsh (XL)

Please pm me so we can work out how I can get your shirt to you :)

There were also 3 shirts which were missing from the list that I will have printed ASAP:

Aaklige Attie (XL)
Hercules (2XL)
Masterbeertjie (2XL)

Please let me know if I missed anyone! :D
Barbs
Please re order 2 x 3XL shirts for me and Hanno as well. They 'disappeared' from my bakkie during the course of the weekend probably by expropriation............
I will pay money over for 5 shirts then to Kierie's account. :thumleft:
We are blessed to share the biking fraternity together!
Do it now - tomorrow you are dead!
Real friends value loyalty regardless!

Offline schalk vd merwe

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2016, 02:47:36 pm »
Thanks Swifty for a lekker bash, the 4th one for me this year. Arrived on Friday and had a lekker jol that night till late. Saterday went for a 300km run on the Yammie to Tonteldoos and Dullstroom and surrounding area with plenty dirt with some Wilddogs (thanks guys). Saturday night it was parting till late or was it early. After the burn outs by some and the thunder storm I went to my tent to have a well deserved keep but there was going to be non of that. My tent was lying flat with everything socked inside. Fortunately I had my car there as well to carry the books. As it was still raining I went to sit in the car. At about 3am or so the rain gave me a break and I loaded all the wet stuff in the car. Then it was of to the boma to load the bike. WD's were sleeping all over on the floor as they had the same adventure as me with their tents being just about destroyed. Then it was off to the camps locked gate at about 3.30 am. Both gates were locked with no guard in sight. I tried to look up the camps tel. no. on the WD's site but the site was off the air for an upgrade. Boer maak 'n plan and I lifted the first gate off the rail and off the motor. Then at the second big gate  fortunately there was a cell no. After a long ring a very tied voice appeared on the line and I explained my wet condition and desire to go and sleep in my own abode, the person said she will send somebody. After about 20 minutes a very tied looking guard arrived to set me free. I took a different route back as to miss all the stop and goes to Middelburg. At Bronkhorstspruit while filling up I pulled out my little gas stove which traveled with me through Africa to make a well deserved cup of coffee. It was getting light by now and the last piece home was plain sailing. The above surprises is typical Africa and I would not have it any different. Africa is in my blood. Thanks to all concerned it was a lekker jol and sorry for not saying good bye.   
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:42:08 pm by schalk vd merwe »
1/The only way to get experience is to get experience-Schalk                
2/Ride Reports>Long Tours>Africa Tour To The Equator And Back In 40 Days
3/A stranger is just a friend you have not met yet
4/Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe in and enthusiastically act upon must come to past-Paul J Mayer
5/Use the rocks in the your way to build stepping stones-Herman Zapp

Offline Orangeswifty

• Race Dog
  • Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2016, 03:18:29 pm »
Thanks Swifty for a lekker bash, the 4th one for me this year. Arrived on Friday and had a lekker jol that night till late. Saterday went for a 300km run on the Yammie to Tonteldoos and Dullstroom and surrounding area with plenty dirt with some Wilddogs (thanks guys). Saturday night it was parting till late or was it early. After the burn outs by some and the thunder storm I went to my tent to have a well deserved keep but there was going to be non of that. My tent was lying flat with everything socked inside. Fortunately I had my car there as well to carry the books. As it was still raining I went to sit in the car. At about 3am or so the rain gave me a brake and I loaded all the wet stuff in the car. Then it was of to the boma to load the bike. WD's were sleeping all over on the floor as they had the same adventure as me with their tents being just about destroyed. Then it was off to the camps locked gate at about 3.30 am. Both gates were locked with no guard in sight. I tried to look up the camps tel. no. on the WD's site but the site was off the air for an upgrade. Boer maak 'n plan and I lifted the first gate of the rail and off the motor. Then at the second big gate  fortunately there was a cell no. After a long ring a very tied voice appeared on the line and I explained my wet condition and desire to go and sleep in my own abode, the person said she will send somebody. After about 20 minutes a very tied looking guard arrived to set me free. I took a different route back as to miss all the stop and goes to Middelburg. At Bronkhorstspruit while filling up I pulled out my little gas stove which traveled with me through Africa to make a well deserved cup of coffee. It was getting light by now and the last piece home was plain sailing. The above surprises is typical Africa and I would not have it any different. Africa is in my blood. Thanks to all concerned it was a lekker jol and sorry for not saying good bye.
Deserter!!!!
Dit was goed om jou te sien Schalk :ricky:

Offline cruizaman

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 03:34:26 pm »
Thanks to all concerned it was a lekker jol and sorry for not saying good bye.

I was looking for you on Sunday morning to return your road atlas, but you were gone already. I gave it to Cyclops, as he also lives in Alberton. Will you contact him to get it back?

It was nice riding with you, Schalk. Thank you also for the book. I will post a video of our ride a bit later.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:35:03 pm by cruizaman »

Offline 0012

• Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 03:49:26 pm »
sub    :ricky:

daai midnight burnouts is maar net beter by makekeng, voorwiel teen die bome, agterwiel begrawe tot by die sprocket  ;D   ;D   ;D     :peepwall:

lyk soos n epic bash, donderstorm n lekker twist    :thumleft:
->    TransAlp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.

Online woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 03:55:14 pm »
 :ricky:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline schalk vd merwe

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 05:18:16 pm »

I was looking for you on Sunday morning to return your road atlas, but you were gone already. I gave it to Cyclops, as he also lives in Alberton. Will you contact him to get it back?

It was nice riding with you, Schalk. Thank you also for the book. I will post a video of our ride a bit later.
Hi Dana thanks for the ride and I will get my book from Cyclops. Thanks a lot
4/Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe in and enthusiastically act upon must come to past-Paul J Mayer

Offline Duster

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 07:08:33 pm »
My 2 sent se input:  Was my 1ste bash, maar nie my laaste een nie!  Het min geslaap, deels oor die storm ook, maar deels oor dit 'n bash is!  Dankie vir almal wat gehelp het met die beplanning en daar sit van die geleentheid, was rerig goed gewees.

As  ek net geweet het:  Ek was net 10 min by die kamp, toe is my screen weg.........!!!  Dankie Straatkat, Neels en die ander manne wat kom help het om my bike op te tel.  Daai sagte grond was te sag vir my stand.  Nou ja, ek wag nog vir die kwotasie vir 'n nuwe MRA screen en bracket en hoop om more dit aan die versekering voor te l.

Dana, Hein, Schalk en Nico, dankie vir die lekker saamry Saterdag, en aan elke WD, was goed om julle almal te ontmoet.  Maak weer so.  Ek plaas net nou paar fotos.
"Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live!"   (Vittorio Alfieri)

Offline Duster

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 07:34:31 pm »
Fotos.

Gelukkig was daar een ander S10 wat vir my opgestaan het!  Frankie, jy mag maar daai bike ry.  Was goed om jou weer te sien.

Dana, ons wag nog vir daai dans wat jy die "dare" van aanvaar het, en toe heeltemal te laat geslaap het!! Ons gaan jou verantwoordbaar hou vir daai "dare", hoor.  Draadwerk het verskriklik na daai dans uitgesien........
"Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live!"   (Vittorio Alfieri)

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 08:22:45 pm »
Who drives that white Rocky?

Offline Draadwerk

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2016, 09:20:55 pm »
Dankie almal.  Dit was heerlik.  Dankie vir almal wat help rel het.

Ek het nie foto's nie en geen bewyse nie...ek het elke aand 8 uur gaan slaap, en dit is dit

Offline schalk vd merwe

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 09:45:20 pm »

Looking forward to the video
Hi Dana thanks for the ride and I will get my book from Cyclops. Thanks a lot

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2016, 09:46:44 pm »
Who drives that white Rocky?

That's me
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »
Thanks Swifty and everyone else that helped make the first North Bash a success, I really enjoyed it. Got to ride fast, ride slowly, meet new friends, laugh a lot, have 3 hour breakfasts with nothing chasing us, just a nice relaxing time in good company. Got to finally put a face to some names, we all spend time on this marvellous forum and get to interact with some of the individuals and  I  got to meet Dookie (he of delicious avatar fame), Smokes, Tonteldoos, Cyclops, Mzungu, Veldskoen, and many more. I Invited 2 non dogs to join us and they will be members soon, look out for Padda Prins and  Pomp Joggie!!
Some pics to follow.
pic1: Alanb and TK (Tony)
pic2: 990Adventure (Padda prins) and 950SE (Straatkat)
pic3:Soon to be member Padda Prins
pic4: Gooi pappie!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:31:04 pm by Straatkat »
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline cruizaman

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 10:07:09 am »
OK, I have now figured this out, with the help of IDR. I have made a small video, mostly of the ride on Saturday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Z34MfJBy7I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0Z34MfJBy7I</a>

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:31:37 pm by cruizaman »

Offline Orangeswifty

• Race Dog
  • Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 10:12:30 am »
OK, let's see if this works. I have made a small video, mostly of the ride on Saturday. Try to change the video quality to HD for best enjoyment.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=0Z34MfJBy7I
Link does not work

Offline cruizaman

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 10:18:45 am »
OK, let's see if this works. I have made a small video, mostly of the ride on Saturday. Try to change the video quality to HD for best enjoyment.

Link does not work

I have changed it. Try again.

Offline Orangeswifty

• Race Dog
  • Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:12 am »

Link does not work
Nope >:(

I have changed it. Try again.