Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The 2016 Wild Dogs North bash ride report.  (Read 15078 times)

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Re: Official (according to Swifty) Bash Photo's Thread - all welcome!
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 11:57:07 am »
OK, let's see if this works. I have made a small video, mostly of the ride on Saturday. Try to change the video quality to HD for best enjoyment.

https://youtu.be/0Z34MfJBy7I

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z34MfJBy7I&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z34MfJBy7I&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Sorry, still trying ... i can open the link, don't know why nobody else can.

works for me - nice vid  :thumleft:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0Z34MfJBy7I&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0Z34MfJBy7I&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>         

Offline cruizaman

Re: The 2016 Wild Dogs North bash ride report.
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 12:05:03 pm »
Thanx Bundu! Wonder what I did wrong in trying to embed the video?

Edit: Have now figured it out with the assistance of IDR. Thanx!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:33:03 pm by cruizaman »

Offline Cyclops

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2016, 12:10:47 pm »
Thanks to all concerned it was a lekker jol and sorry for not saying good bye.

I was looking for you on Sunday morning to return your road atlas, but you were gone already. I gave it to Cyclops, as he also lives in Alberton. Will you contact him to get it back?

It was nice riding with you, Schalk. Thank you also for the book. I will post a video of our ride a bit later.
Hi Dana thanks for the ride and I will get my book from Cyclops. Thanks a lot

Hi Schalk. I have your atlas safe and sound. I have sent you a PM so we can arrange for you to collect.

To all on the bash - it was great and lots of thanks to all the organisers. It's always great to meet up with old buddies and to make new ones.
Til the next one then

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2016, 12:12:29 pm »
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2016, 12:49:20 pm »
Nice video
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline cruizaman

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 01:20:29 pm »
Dana, ons wag nog vir daai dans wat jy die "dare" van aanvaar het, en toe heeltemal te laat geslaap het!! Ons gaan jou verantwoordbaar hou vir daai "dare", hoor.  Draadwerk het verskriklik na daai dans uitgesien........

:laughing4: Ja Phillip, dankie dat jy my daaraan herinner. Volgende keer miskien!

Offline Orangeswifty

• Please proceed to suck my
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 02:06:21 pm »
Come come boys we need more pics
Minxy - do your part
We are blessed to share the biking fraternity together!
Do it now - tomorrow you are dead!
Real friends value loyalty regardless!

Offline Lou1

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 02:45:16 pm »
@  Dookie, thx vir die leen van die 14 spanner alhoewel jy my van geen kant ken nie.

:thumleft: :ricky:

Offline dookie

• The last Avatar Meatbender.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Health and Safetitty matters
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 02:47:07 pm »
@  Dookie, thx vir die leen van die 14 spanner alhoewel jy my van geen kant ken nie.

:thumleft: :ricky:
Jy het ook aan Ms Dookie gestaan en snuif, so ons is soos familie Bru. >:D

Offline Lou1

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 02:53:05 pm »
 :imaposer:

She does smell blerry nice!

:lol8:

Offline Tonteldoos

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2016, 10:10:06 pm »
En dan was daar n "out of court" settlement Vrydag oppad bash toe.. :biggrin:
Challenge = Innovation = Change

Offline schalk vd merwe

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2016, 10:31:45 pm »
OK, I have now figured this out, with the help of IDR. I have made a small video, mostly of the ride on Saturday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Z34MfJBy7I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0Z34MfJBy7I</a>
Hi Dana ek sien jy is 'n professional met die kamera en jy is nie net 'n cruizaman nie maar die manier hoe jy dit op som is jy ook 'n regte lawman.
1/The only way to get experience is to get experience-Schalk                
2/Ride Reports>Long Tours>Africa Tour To The Equator And Back In 40 Days
3/A stranger is just a friend you have not met yet
4/Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe in and enthusiastically act upon must come to past-Paul J Mayer
5/Use the rocks in the your way to build stepping stones-Herman Zapp

Offline Nicobie

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:55 pm »
Baie nice video Cruizaman.

Lekker saamgery - ek meen nou weer met die video.

Ek het mos lekker smiley opgetel op my voorwiel met daai langpad na Dullstroom. Gaan probeer vir nuwe voorwiel deur die insurance.

Thanx vir jou en Draadwerk om die tent met my te deel. Lekker gekuier nč, veral net voor die rugby met daai rooi label botteltjie.  :blob5: :blob6: :eek7:

Spring maar julle freestaters, die wiel draai. Baie geluk aan die cheetas.
Each day is a present, don't send it back unopened.

Offline Duster

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2016, 06:30:50 am »
Baie nice video Cruizaman.

Lekker saamgery - ek meen nou weer met die video.

Ek het mos lekker smiley opgetel op my voorwiel met daai langpad na Dullstroom. Gaan probeer vir nuwe voorwiel deur die insurance.

Thanx vir jou en Draadwerk om die tent met my te deel. Lekker gekuier nč, veral net voor die rugby met daai rooi label botteltjie.  :blob5: :blob6: :eek7:

Spring maar julle freestaters, die wiel draai. Baie geluk aan die cheetas.

Nicobie, ek stem saam, mooi video en lekker saamgery.  Gelukkig het ek daai Rooi Labeltjie 'n mis gegee..... ::)
"Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live!"   (Vittorio Alfieri)

Offline Dwerg

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 900 Scrambler
  • No vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2016, 06:41:49 am »
Swifty en Kierie en almal wat betrokke was, dit was 'n groot sukses van 'n bash. Ek sal nie weer mis nie en probeer om myself te gedra op die volgende een  8)

Ek het klomp videos maar ek moet nog bietjie edit. Sal op 'n later stadium post
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Teapot

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2016, 08:21:40 am »
Morning , Thanks to To Swifty and all others involved with the bash , I must say i really enjoyed it , being my first one , of many more for certain. Successfully arranged and executed.
Not many photos from my side but a small report i believe will be in order.
So Friday Myself , Bazinga , Pietskiet and Dwerg met at our usual watering hole in the east of Pretoria for a bite ect , we set off after many days of deliberation with between the 4 of us and being relatively new to the DS world
I decided to embarrass the group and ride the the blackstuff all the way to the venue , Pietskiet decided to join my leisurely cruise. So we set off and bid farewell to Dwerg and Bazinga close to Verena as they took to the dirt.
I had a fun chilled and relaxed ride as the scenery just got better and better. We stopped close to the petrol station at the turn off and decided our next move as a couple of fellow riders blasted pass saving there front wheel and keeping it at nearly 12 o'clock ( believe it was Fankie on the S-Tenere) We regrouped at the orchard close to the venue just for some liquids and decided to move along to Ruby resort.
The venue next to the river provided great solace from everyday live and had a relaxing time as we met the evening with a few cold ones in hand. We moved on to the lapa and spent the rest of the evening socializing and met some new faces.
When the lapa closed we moved on for a final final one at Chalet.
So Saturday up early and not having the required of hours of sleep we set of for a ride to the Highside Tavern at Tonteldoos. Wow what a great ride we had , and the dirt was absolutely beautiful.This ride made my weekend and will be remembered for a long time to come. Pietskiet overshot the tavern i believe he just wanted to keep on riding Circlips 660 that was one lone to him for Saturday , Dwerg set in persute to retrieve pietskiet and we steched out legs and had a cold one. Back at the resort we spent most of the afternoon at one of the many ( Many ) pools the resort have. And met with Dwerg and Bazinga +1 that came through for the evening. Then attended the charity function gave a little to the community and pledged some cash for a good cause.
I turned out to be a long night back at the chalet , with visitors coming and going or just right out avoiding us as we recaptured our youth , had a braai and was surprised by one heck of a storm.
Sunday was tough to say the least but we made it back to and stopped at QS to finalize and agree that it was a great successful bash.
Thanks to all involved And to my Friends that rode with me that i just met a year ago you are Legends.
SXV550 / CR 250 / G650GS

Offline Frankrzzgp

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2016, 08:29:19 am »
Baie dankie almal!  Dit was rerig 'n awesome naweek!  Lekker om nuwe mense te ontmoet en bekende gesigte weer te sien...

Weet net nie Hoe ek dit reg gekry het dat my bike in van die fotos is, maar ek nerens te siene is nie!  :imaposer:

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Offline Orangeswifty

• Please proceed to suck my
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Rebel Alpha Male
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:53 pm »
Swifty en Kierie en almal wat betrokke was, dit was 'n groot sukses van 'n bash. Ek sal nie weer mis nie en probeer om myself te gedra op die volgende een  8)

Ek het klomp videos maar ek moet nog bietjie edit. Sal op 'n later stadium post
:imaposer:
Altyd 'n plesier om jou regop te hou dwerg :thumleft:
Alls' well that ends well................
Jy moet jou komplimentere pyp by my kom haal :ricky:
We are blessed to share the biking fraternity together!
Do it now - tomorrow you are dead!
Real friends value loyalty regardless!

Offline Klein Torkar

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2016, 07:48:54 pm »
Vir die stil oukie in die hoek , was sy eerste bash lekker verby. OS en span dankie vir die aan  mekaar sit en reelings. Sal daar wees vir die volgende een.
 Die naweek het omtrent so iets verloop: daar heen gery, tent op geslaan. Gebraai en gekuier. Bietjie geslaap. Gaan ry, gekuier,weer gery,  pap voor wiel uitgesort danksy Philip.Geswem gekuier en amper die rugby gemis.  Gebraai en weer gekuier. Bietjie nat gereen en toe maar onder die Lapa gaan intrek saam die ander wees kinders. Opgepak en geroet en huis toe gery. Die vrou lief opgetel en twee keer Kaapschehoop toe gery vir cell foon sein. En toe kon ek eers n middag slaapie vang.
Die lekkerste van die naweek, Kon vir n slag “political incorrect “ wees. Nie te veel worrie oor ander se Ego’s nie.

Offline Nicobie

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2016, 09:32:57 pm »
Ek sit bietjie fotos by - eers vergeet om te resize toe wil dit nie oplaai nie.

Myself, draadwerk en cruizaman se lęplek en die uitsig oor die rivier
Each day is a present, don't send it back unopened.