500k's & 50 yrs ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRRX

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I have been blessed to reach a half century recently. I chose to do a little bike ride with some friends and  a sleep-over the night before!
So I; Skolla and Wessie met-up on Friday afternoon at Great Brak. It was late already and we took the N2 to Albertinia. A strong crosswind made for some “uncomfortable” riding. At Albertinia we enjoyed a beer each at the famous Albertinia Hotel.

Then back to the N2 for a rather BRISK ride to Heidelberg – clocking in at 6 pm at the “new” Heidelberg Hotel. BB joined us a bit later – but by “bakkie”, as he was on a return trip from Bredasdorp. We enjoyed a great evening with good food; drinks; laughter and pool.
Next morning; after an excellent farm style breakfast, it was time for some scenic gravel. BTW – I can really vouch for Heidelberg Hotel – character full; great people and food – all at an extremely reasonable rate!!  :thumleft:

BB left on his own for another appointment. He then returned home to pick up his AT, and joined up again with us later the day in Ladismith.
The other 3 of us had a great ride from Heidelberg via the mountain road, to take Gysmanshoek Pass to Ronnie’s Sex Shop for a cold one or two. Then a few left and rights to reach Ladismith where we met up with BB again. After a Steers burger each, it was off to Calitzdorp via the HuysriverPass.
After another cold one at “Die Bosvarkie” outside of Calitzdorp, we took the Spa – Olifantsriver road to Volmoed. From here it was a fight against a storm wind to Robinsonpass, and then back home by some gravel and N2 to be in time to light the fire for a peaceful family “braai”, and enjoying the Cheetahs messing-up the Bulls …  :peepwall: :biggrin:

Great outing and thanks guys!

Attachments

• Kombuis.jpg
    Kombuis.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 462
  • AlbertH1.jpg
    AlbertH1.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 458
  • AlbertH2.jpg
    AlbertH2.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 463
  • Heidelb.H1.jpg