Dismantling my 990 S. Now Assembling......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocky

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
So my 990 S has given great service over the last 8 years, I thrown the bike in the bushes, tar, armco barriers, taxis etc etc more time than I care to remember. Middle last year the issues started, out-put shaft stripped and needed replacing after that I discovered and oil leak and fueling went out the window. I had the bike at the shop of clever man Wrench in Somerset West, only to be told, cam chains are shot and the base gaskets were never put back correctly and thus the oil leak.
Bike went on the dyno just for a check and that is when the shit started coming out, at a previous repair the crank case sensor wire wasn't tied up against the frame and burnt through sending wrong signals to the ECU and confusing the fueling. The TPS proved be faulty, previously diagnosed as being the throttle bodies that need replacing. So the repairs were done, AGAIN and the bike ran fine for a few months, THEN came the oil issue, smoking badly, now given the motor has 162500 km's on it this was to be expected. But I thought don't have the cash to repair it so I will do the NB and them do it upon my return, well nice plan, NOT. Bike cried foul just past the Padstal with oil in the airbox and FUCK all in the motor. So I turned back to Cape Town. Stopped at the Padstal had many Brandy&Cokes and cried like a little girl, made it to Paarl De Ville were Heddles came to fetch me, more Brandy&Coke was consumed and some crying.
The pictures will tell the story, I assist and Heddles does the clever work, with some Brandy&Coke and some Windhoek just for some variety.

Attachments

• FBGP4076.jpg
    FBGP4076.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,013
  • YJQY8053.jpg
    YJQY8053.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,029