Amageza 2016: Its Time To Race!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camelman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hey guys,

To all of you going to race, see you in Upington Saturday evening for the opening and briefing for Stage 1! For those of you who would like to spectate, here is the first map. I will make some more maps of the other stages and post here as well. If you are at one of the bivouac towns, and you come per bike. Let them get hold of me, and I'll make a plan for you to come scope out the bivvie. We cannot let you hang around at night though as we pay per head for everything! If you do go to one of the spectator points, your GPS should be able to route you there. Please take care and don't get hurt. We have no extra medics to assist. You will be on your own. The resources are for the guys racing. Please stay off any Jeep track around a spectator point as you will have a competitor up your nostril sooner than you can say duckwalk!

We will also have a moving map display with the competitor trackers displayed. This will go live soon as well. You won't be able to see the marshal and aircraft trackers. Please keep in mind that the trackers sometimes go AWOL. This means that the location gets held up upstream of the server. Eventually it comes through and the rider jumps a couple of km's up the road. But PLEASE DON'T call the OPS phone. She is monitoring all movements and will alert me sitting somewhere under the wing of a Bushbaby (Yes, my Gyro is still broke) waiting for her call to go find the lost lamb. Enjoy it guys. This one is going to be epic!

Attachments

• Amageza-2016-SpectatorGuide-600px.png
    Amageza-2016-SpectatorGuide-600px.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 1,493