The EC bash teaser by Captain Slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff Cowboy

Living the American Dream
WD Supporter
Reaction score
So we went to the EC bash this weekend. Seems like I am home first and Iâ??ll try and give you a sneak preview to the best flippen Wilddog weekend ever.

Me, EC Trax, Iron Shark and Redtiger (now riding a black tiger) met at Uncle Freddies at 10:30 to ride / drive to camp via Elands river road.
Spirits was high but the fear of wet gravel roads were discussed. Something about Vstrom 1000 not running lekker on mud. Huh how should I know. :deal:

I drove the Land Rover to anyone who were wondering. I did not go with my golf. The Landy fulfilled a huge roll this weekend and thanks to EC Trax for making it available. :thumleft:

Meeting at Uncle Freddies very excited
Pic.jpg

Redtiger, EC Trax and Iron Shark
Pic1.jpg

First rest stop at the Sand river dam
Pic2.jpg

The road was very dry even the river was dry, fears of mud soon gone
Pic3.jpg

Redtigerâ??s now black tiger, it shoots like a Spitfire  :eek:
Pic4.jpg

Strrrrrrrrrrom  :drif: :drif:
Pic5.jpg

Yours truly and wheels  :mwink:
Pic6.jpg

Sandriver dam wall very dry
Pic7.jpg

Looking back on the Elandsriver valley
Pic8.jpg

Pic9.jpg

Beautiful mountains looking towards Steytlerville
Pic10.jpg

Pic11.jpg

Pic12.jpg

Lookout from the mast
Pic13.jpg

Near Patensie we stopped at Padlangs for some food. The food was excellent. Some of the best Iâ??ve ever had.
Pic14.jpg

Real adventure riders carry their luggage in a Land Rover  :imaposer: :imaposer:  :biggrin:
Pic15.jpg

A livesaver :pot:
Pic16.jpg

Rone and Fugly, take not a Roneâ??s clever luggage system. :thumleft:
Pic17.jpg

Fishing rods. I spent about 5 minutes fishing on Saturday afternoon. I casted three or four time. I made a â??kraainesâ?, I cut off the line and that was the end of my fishing hobby. :dousing:
Pic18.jpg

Home sweet home. I almost froze to death. :-[
Pic19.jpg

Happy camper
Pic20.jpg

Other Wilddogs pitching tents
Herms, Jman, Big E and Bobnob
Pic21.jpg

Big E doing his move. Bobnob is thinking WTF? :imaposer: :lamer:
Pic22.jpg

Some more of the campsite
Pic23.jpg

Pic24.jpg

Tok Tokkie and Mountain boy talking about Dakar mods
Pic25.jpg

Pic26.jpg

Tok Tokkieâ??s tent on the beach
Pic27.jpg

That was the last of my pictures.

While the dogs arrived on Friday afternoon we heard news of Go Girl having a bad off in the Baviaans. :eek: She arrived minutes later on her bike. The Landy took her to Patensie Doctor for some stitches. Really nice meeting you Go Girl. :thumleft:

Friday night I almost froze to death. I had a litre of OBS (which doesnâ??t work in sub zero temps by the way), my tent , sleeping bag and 3 blankets. It was farking cold. I woke up seeing ice on the bike seats.

We had an excellent time kuiering and talking kark around the camp fire. The camp sounded like lion park with all the snoring. (will not mention names) I suppose it helped to keep the baboons and leopards at bay.

The Cape Town croudâ??s backup vehicle broke down in the middle of the baviaans and the dogs arriving at camp had nowhere to sleep. Bus slept in the tent with Fourie kop and they almost froze because someone passed out leaving the tent door open.

At the lucky draw even I won a prize and I never win anything.

Michnus nice meeting you. You are not such a poephol.
Bobnob was lekker meeting you.
1 Kat I admire you.

It was so nice meeting all the wilddogs. I heard the following phrases about a 100 times: â??When are you getting a bikeâ?, â??What happened to the V-stromâ?, â??Why did you sell the KLRâ?, â??O so jy is nou Captain Slowâ?â?¦â?¦â?¦. It was a great weekend.

Watty I cannot thank you enough. Next time summer please.

PS: I am now more confused than ever..... Vstrom, XT660R or another KLR  :eek: :eek:  :ricky: