Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha T7 - No longer a Concept  (Read 331744 times)

Offline Omninorm

Re: Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2018, 02:11:23 pm »
Yeah seems Yamaha is also embracing the whole new "lifestyle" thing. Just in a bit of an awkward way.

Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Dwerg

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 900 Scrambler
    • Wise Web Worx
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2018, 02:21:05 pm »
Yamaha very nearly gave all the opposition factory boys an embarrassing Dakar this year !!

Nearly is a bit optimistic. They started fast but not one Yamaha in the final top 15..... Even Hero did better than that  :pot:
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2018, 02:45:57 pm »
My only question is... where and when can I pay my deposit ? (Oh, and anyone for an 1150adv, 1100s and KLR650 ?)

There is probably a waiting list on your KLR but please ad my name Jup

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2018, 03:04:11 pm »
Yamaha very nearly gave all the opposition factory boys an embarrassing Dakar this year !!

True story but in the end Yamaha Faggotboy actually only came 16th - even Team Hero using the 10 year old Speedbrain BMW/Husky tech got a 6th place ...  ::) 
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2018, 04:43:31 pm »

True story but in the end Yamaha Faggotboy actually only came 16th - even Team Hero using the 10 year old Speedbrain BMW/Husky tech got a 6th place ...  ::)
If not for that fall on 2nd to last stage a non factory garage built WR/YZ hybrid would have won Dakar  :pot: Wonder what Yamaha can do with a full factory bike.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2018, 04:57:49 pm »
I heard Chuck Norris is no.1 on the T7 waiting list
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2018, 05:49:06 pm »
Quote from: BiG DoM link=topic=

[/quote
If not for that fall on 2nd to last stage a non factory garage built WR/YZ hybrid would have won Dakar  :pot: Wonder what Yamaha can do with a full factory bike.

Hardly garage built :laughing4:  Just not ‘full factory’ but still described themselves as the official Yamaha factory team. Yes I rooted for them as well and loved their riding attitude. But not built in a barn boet!  ???
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2018, 09:16:18 pm »
Next year after Bam Bam crashes out Yamaha will take the win  :deal:
Lots of interest in this bike but many getting restless as there seems to be no definate date or details for release. Yamaha wants to build hype before it's launch with this world raid but they might end up losing sales to other manufacturers.
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2018, 10:08:41 pm »
I would very happily see Yammie take a win from Bah Bah - I decided this year he is too much of a cry baby to win Dakar. I agree re the Yammie cocktease and am not sure they actually doing themselves any favors with this little fagot ruse down under, tucking the T7 into bed at night and sunrise photo shoots on the beach but no actual specs and dealer delivery date. Bikus  Interuptus does not work for me.  >:D

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2018, 10:25:35 pm »
Next year after Bam Bam crashes out Yamaha will take the win  :deal:
Lots of interest in this bike but many getting restless as there seems to be no definate date or details for release. Yamaha wants to build hype before it's launch with this world raid but they might end up losing sales to other manufacturers.

Honda announced back in 2009 that they are working on the new Adventure bike, and in 2016 (7 years down the line) did we see it.
Many got impatient and bought GS800's and XC's.
Finally it hit our shores and I think it is a huge success.

The T7 Was rumored about a year after the MT07 was released. Under correction; MT07 hit our shores around 2013.
I had a test ride since I was a motorbike medic at the time and I have posted somewhere on the forum that that engine will be a gem in a ds bike.
Andy then commented a year later it is in the plan and finally we see prototype and this 'introduction tour' of sort.
I personally think they are doing good wrt time.

These things take time and once they are happy and got all the approvals they need the factory to be set up - tooling and training ++

I am glad they do proper research, testing and get all their ducks in a row before releasing a new model. Now there should probably be another thread where they discuss the new BMW850 but I sure hope they are not rushing into the market again like they did with the LC boxer.
This Yamaha should be worth the wait for the guys and girls that can afford buying a new bike! 

Offline volroom

« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2018, 06:30:50 am »
Yeah..if the weight is low enough, I can imagine somewhere in the future getting one of these instead of the AT
2003 R1150GS

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2018, 07:07:07 am »
TvB - on reflection yes you are right, better to get the R&D right rather than rush to the marketplace. The Japs are generally good at this and have an Eastern attitude to time  ::)  Maybe this prelaunch shake down is also more real world than KTM’s flash 790 cock tease video but maybe Yammies is still coming. I think they will be very different bikes in many ways which is good - the more choices in this segment the better ... and phew we going to need competition for the BMW G310GS  :pot:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2018, 07:23:58 am »
Yeah seems Yamaha is also embracing the whole new "lifestyle" thing. Just in a bit of an awkward way.

Unlike BMW and Harley Davidson, a geniune motorcycle company like Yamaha would not know much about the biker "lifestyle" thing.

Then again, awkward would be what BMW's would look like if every "Motorrad" dealer did not own a fleet of JAPANESE bakkies for bike recoveries. >:D

Everything good is worth waiting for.......patience with the T7 guys, Yamaha is just making sure it will be as reliable as every other Yamaha that's ever gone before. :deal:

Offline Operator

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2018, 08:15:04 am »
From the time the rumour mill started on the 660 Tenere, till it was available at the dealerships was about 3 years.

..................and then it took another year for it to arrive in South Africa  :deal:

Online Gerrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: Suzuki DR 800S Big
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2018, 08:31:43 am »
From the time the rumour mill started on the 660 Tenere, till it was available at the dealerships was about 3 years.

..................and then it took another year for it to arrive in South Africa  :deal:

And two years to fix the quick release niggles. But still one of the best.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2018, 08:46:47 am »
But surely the development time period must have been considerably shortened for Yamaha by using a proven Italian engine?

Morbidelli, wasn't it?  ;) :pot:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2018, 08:49:20 am »

The regulator connector plug, the air filter was changed to a DNA if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was just for SA or the whole world. But props to Yamaha they did it free of charge to all new owners.
J.R.R Tolkien

Online Gerrard

• Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2018, 09:08:29 am »

The regulator connector plug, the air filter was changed to a DNA if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was just for SA or the whole world. But props to Yamaha they did it free of charge to all new owners.

I was the third owner of my 660Z, it having been a demo. When I got it at 18 000km the steering head bearings were shot. I went to our local dealer and told him its not acceptable. They checked with Helderberg Yamaha, where it was first sold and replaced the bearings for me.

That's why I'll buy the T7 before the AT (I'm still waiting for the stearing head bearings and seals from Honda PE since 2009 for my old AT, which I paid for  :lol8: )

Offline sidetrack

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2018, 03:48:33 pm »
Which colour would you buy ?
J.R.R Tolkien

Online Gerrard

• Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2018, 03:58:30 pm »
I've booked the bottom one  :patch: