Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha T7 Concept  (Read 201734 times)

Richard Smit and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #1420 on: February 05, 2020, 07:50:05 am »

This thread was started in 2016  :laughing4:  :peepwall:

Yamaha's are known for their longevity.
Indeed there are still forums dedicated to the 1983/84 models  :deal:

Like a GS forum?

Indeed, like GS forum, but with a MUCH smaller part-finder section. O0

4 jaar waglys vir parte ook?

En nog langer ook, niemand koop dan parte nie! :pot:

Die fabriek kan nie eers parte kry om vir ons 'n klompie bikes te bou nie
The secret to Yamaha reliability. If you can't own one you can't complain about its reliability.  :pot:

:imaposer: Hey, as aKTM rider you should be careful about mocking Yamaha about reliability.

And the guys riding thier T7's elsewhere in the world are all very happy. :deal:

No weaving, wobbling, broken shocks and footpegs. :pot:

Offline KaTooMatt

« Reply #1421 on: February 05, 2020, 11:52:16 am »

This thread was started in 2016  :laughing4:  :peepwall:

Yamaha's are known for their longevity.
Indeed there are still forums dedicated to the 1983/84 models  :deal:

Like a GS forum?

Indeed, like GS forum, but with a MUCH smaller part-finder section. O0

4 jaar waglys vir parte ook?

En nog langer ook, niemand koop dan parte nie! :pot:

Die fabriek kan nie eers parte kry om vir ons 'n klompie bikes te bou nie
The secret to Yamaha reliability. If you can't own one you can't complain about its reliability.  :pot:

:imaposer: Hey, as aKTM rider you should be careful about mocking Yamaha about reliability.

And the guys riding thier T7's elsewhere in the world are all very happy. :deal:

No weaving, wobbling, broken shocks and footpegs. :pot:
Touching wood aggressively....

MY KTM is going strong 100 000km's no issues,

I believe all those people elsewhere in the world are all pure marketing and the T7 only exists in a few vivid imaginations. Yamaha are keeping their clients hanging and the only way you get to ride a T7 is in your dreams.
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #1422 on: February 05, 2020, 04:26:27 pm »
 :laughing4:

Perhaps guys in Germany are saying; "Wow, those guys in SA are really finding the T7 awesome!" :imaposer:

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #1423 on: February 06, 2020, 09:16:36 am »
I find the comments very strange over the last few pages. I think the narrative needs to change, not sure why there are still so many references to this bike as though it is a myth or not real. We don't get the Ford F150 is SA, but it is very real. Same with many other models of vehicles whether it is 4 or 3 or 2 wheels based.

It does sadden me that Yamaha SA is dragging their feet, it would have been my first ever new motorcycle purchase, but as the saying goes "life is what happens while you are making other plans". I also think that it is a huge success for Yamaha, it is the only reason that makes sense for them to reroute containers of motorcycles from waiting markets and dragging out the launch dates.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #1424 on: February 06, 2020, 09:23:23 am »
I find the comments very strange over the last few pages. I think the narrative needs to change, not sure why there are still so many references to this bike as though it is a myth or not real. We don't get the Ford F150 is SA, but it is very real. Same with many other models of vehicles whether it is 4 or 3 or 2 wheels based.

It does sadden me that Yamaha SA is dragging their feet, it would have been my first ever new motorcycle purchase, but as the saying goes "life is what happens while you are making other plans". I also think that it is a huge success for Yamaha, it is the only reason that makes sense for them to reroute containers of motorcycles from waiting markets and dragging out the launch dates.

Hou op wag vir die T7 en koop vir jou eerder `n nuwe F150... :pot:
Soek jy `n drukkie?
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1425 on: February 06, 2020, 09:40:48 am »
Fact is; we are a tiny market and don't move new bikes at the rate of the other overseas markets. Our rand is weak and economy not good.
The XT660Z was an awesome bike, I never got it till recently when my son baugh a beautiful 2nd hand one.
The last of them were priced R120K in 2013 - I was at the time at Yamaha Centurion late the year when they still had a model on the floor and the other thumpers like the GS650 were still at the time sub R100K.
It was also then when the MT07 was released and they offered me a test ride - can recall it felt weird getting of the work bike which was a DL650 onto the much smaller MT07.
Immediately after riding it I made a post and said this motor will be a sweet DS bike and not too long after Andy 660 made a post by saying it is in the making.

So if you are running a huge business like Yamaha and you cant keep up demand and supply to the 1st world countries that move your product you will obviously prioritise and feed the market right? I am no business man but this is just how my common sense play it out.

We will eventually get ours - and then it will probably be the same like yesteryear. The first shipment will sell out in no time and then the market will settle and new model sales will slow again.....but maybe I am wrong.

All I know is; I want one!!  :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #1426 on: February 06, 2020, 09:54:25 am »
Ja Tom, dit is maar hoe hy loop. That is an indication of sales success, too bad we have to suffer it.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline blauth

« Reply #1427 on: February 06, 2020, 03:48:16 pm »
Fact is; we are a tiny market and don't move new bikes at the rate of the other overseas markets. Our rand is weak and economy not good.
The XT660Z was an awesome bike, I never got it till recently when my son baugh a beautiful 2nd hand one.
The last of them were priced R120K in 2013 - I was at the time at Yamaha Centurion late the year when they still had a model on the floor and the other thumpers like the GS650 were still at the time sub R100K.
It was also then when the MT07 was released and they offered me a test ride - can recall it felt weird getting of the work bike which was a DL650 onto the much smaller MT07.
Immediately after riding it I made a post and said this motor will be a sweet DS bike and not too long after Andy 660 made a post by saying it is in the making.

So if you are running a huge business like Yamaha and you cant keep up demand and supply to the 1st world countries that move your product you will obviously prioritise and feed the market right? I am no business man but this is just how my common sense play it out.

We will eventually get ours - and then it will probably be the same like yesteryear. The first shipment will sell out in no time and then the market will settle and new model sales will slow again.....but maybe I am wrong.

All I know is; I want one!!  :laughing4: :laughing4:

The market is so kak, I'd be surprised if even the first batch flies out the window like yesteryear.

Having said this, I think I may be a candidate for a new one. What appeals to me about this is that I use my bike for commuting mostly and don't like these massive bikes. This just seems to be a good all rounder. The KTM as awesome as it is is perhaps a tad too focused to make it an ideal all rounder. The one review that was excellent kind of elluded to this.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #1428 on: February 06, 2020, 04:57:10 pm »

You are right, and with bike sales in SA, I do not believe that Yamaha SA has any leverage either.

Online Noneking

« Reply #1429 on: February 06, 2020, 05:54:32 pm »
Well maybe not me....

2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline Fenderbender

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Robertson
« Reply #1430 on: February 06, 2020, 06:26:30 pm »
Ek moet se , na hoveel bladsye , is dit seker die " Most talked about " fiets wat nog nie eers voet aan wal gesit het nie . Ek dink hulle gaan baie van hulle verkoop . Basies , niks fancy , kan alles doen met n paar adjustments ..... as sy prys  soveel goedkoper is as sy mededingers .... wel ja , dan het Yamaha weereens n wenner .

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1431 on: February 06, 2020, 06:40:20 pm »
Ek moet se , na hoveel bladsye , is dit seker die " Most talked about " fiets wat nog nie eers voet aan wal gesit het nie . Ek dink hulle gaan baie van hulle verkoop . Basies , niks fancy , kan alles doen met n paar adjustments ..... as sy prys  soveel goedkoper is as sy mededingers .... wel ja , dan het Yamaha weereens n wenner .

Ek het sommer die thank you knoppie gedruk maar se sommer in Afrikaans ook dankie  :thumleft:
Ek het absoluut niks teen die Oranje diets nie, pragtig en fancy en byt die manne nie eers spells kark nie maar my hart is op die Yamaha.
Ek gaan elke uur wat ek kan extra werk doen hierdie seisoen met eie hoop vor n demo model.

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #1432 on: February 07, 2020, 08:14:25 am »

Ek het sommer die thank you knoppie gedruk maar se sommer in Afrikaans ook dankie  :thumleft:
Ek het absoluut niks teen die Oranje diets nie, pragtig en fancy en byt die manne nie eers spells kark nie maar my hart is op die Yamaha.
Ek gaan elke uur wat ek kan extra werk doen hierdie seisoen met eie hoop vor n demo model.
Ek soek weer n mooi 2de handse een met al die extras op, kom Yamaha bring die fiets dat iemand hulle begin koop  :ricky:
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline teebag

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #1433 on: February 07, 2020, 08:45:34 am »
Just buy the BMW 310 GS - it's the best and available now  :ricky:

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #1434 on: February 07, 2020, 08:57:42 am »
Just buy the BMW 310 GS - it's the best and available now  :ricky:
:o
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline BuRP

« Reply #1435 on: February 07, 2020, 09:52:33 am »
Just buy the BMW 310 GS - it's the best and available now
:o

True, you didn't know this nugget?
Ask Mr Fourie Jr!  :P
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #1436 on: February 07, 2020, 10:36:48 am »
Well maybe not me....

Looks like a Spaniard, and guess what? Spain has had them for months. O0

The following users thanked this post: Omninorm

Offline KaTooMatt

« Reply #1437 on: February 07, 2020, 02:07:21 pm »
Well maybe not me....

Looks like a Spaniard, and guess what? Spain has had them for months. O0
Supposedly....
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #1438 on: February 07, 2020, 02:09:11 pm »
 :laughing4:

Klomp KTM vaakvisse.....

Offline DeeCeeBee

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Tasmania - Australia
« Reply #1439 on: February 09, 2020, 09:22:13 am »
I saw one in the flesh today at a bike show.
Some of the parts look like they need a bit of protection from a decent bash-plate of sorts.
Other than that, it looks like a solid bike. I tried to get a test ride, but it wasnít available on the day.

I canít attach pics for some reason.
XR650R
Africa Twin Adv Sport DCT
XR100R