Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha T7 - No longer a Concept  (Read 300458 times)

Offline 171steve

Re: Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #2520 on: August 27, 2020, 06:59:07 am »
Nee dis die 2 bikes wat rallyraid toe gaan was net op die regte tyd op die regte plek maar is n baie nice solid bike en hy is nog mooier in realiteit. Prys weet ek nie maar dink mens moet bietjie tyd op hom
En die 790 spandeer om regtig te kan besluit.
Hy is baie gemakliker as die 790 dit sal veral die geval wees vir groter ouens.

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #2521 on: August 27, 2020, 08:38:18 am »
So we're STILL WAITING for someone to actually buy one? 

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

Offline 171steve

« Reply #2522 on: August 27, 2020, 08:58:33 am »
Jaaaa hy ry nie te sleg nie
Jy moenie 'n das dra wanneer jy met kragtige masjienerie werk nie, mkay

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Maar n man moet gepas gekleed wees as jy met n legendariese brand te doen het....... :pot:

:biggrin: :ricky: daar kom 10 demos Oktober wat oor die land beskikbaar gaan wees vir demos en die eerste bikes wat gekoop is kom november.
Soos ek verstaan is daar al reeds van hulle verkoop in ons area

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #2523 on: August 27, 2020, 01:09:34 pm »

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

I cannot argue with a KTM rider who is well versed in KTM service, and knows the expression of "useless" very well. :pot:

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #2524 on: August 27, 2020, 01:22:03 pm »
I hope we don't get the 10 Hp version like what Honda did with the CRF450L.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #2525 on: August 27, 2020, 01:25:07 pm »
I hope we don't get the 10 Hp version like what Honda did with the CRF450L.

Some would argue we are

and that is normal spec
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #2526 on: August 27, 2020, 01:51:18 pm »

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

I cannot argue with a KTM rider who is well versed in KTM service, and knows the expression of "useless" very well. :pot:

I was thinking about this last night.   I've actually had great service from FAST KTM and Raceworx. 
They actually REPLY TO EMAILS! which is amazing considering how some people (especially in the motor industry) refuse to use this "new fangled" technology of electronic mail, and instead only grace you with a reply if you present yourself in their shop, or use the wonder of Alexander Graham Bell's "Telephone".

On top of this, the 1290 SuperAdventure R, which is JAM PACKED with wicked electronics and sensors etc, (A TFT DASH with no moving parts! The horror!!), and a "finnicky orange bike"  has been the single most reliable vehicle I've ever owned so far I think. (Yes I've had a Jeep but it was a string of Volkswagens before that).

(I'm only half Joking.  KTM seems to have quite a decent dealer coverage throughout the country. I wouldn't really know where to go look for a Yamaha these days?   That big shop on the M1 that sells boats and pianos?)

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
« Reply #2527 on: August 27, 2020, 02:05:24 pm »
I have a Yamaha radio.

thats okay

Offline Noneking

• Unverified
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #2528 on: August 27, 2020, 03:18:14 pm »
I have a Yamaha radio.

thats okay
Stop right there to avoid further disappointment.

Volume probably only goes to 50% and the salesman told you its all youíll need? How long was the wait for the radio? Did they get someone from Denon to make a demo video of the radio to make it seem nicer? Did you end up paying too much for it?

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #2529 on: August 27, 2020, 03:50:29 pm »
I have a Yamaha radio.

thats okay
Stop right there to avoid further disappointment.

Volume probably only goes to 50% and the salesman told you its all youíll need? How long was the wait for the radio? Did they get someone from Denon to make a demo video of the radio to make it seem nicer? Did you end up paying too much for it?

Pffftt.... You probably stream radio via a smart watch.
This here is a transistor radio.
And it will last forever.
Volume? You will get 100% of the 50%..... :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline dirtWarp

• Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #2530 on: August 27, 2020, 04:07:31 pm »

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

I was thinking about this last night.   I've actually had great service from FAST KTM and Raceworx. 
They actually REPLY TO EMAILS! which is amazing considering how some people (especially in the motor industry) refuse to use this "new fangled" technology of electronic mail, and instead only grace you with a reply if you present yourself in their shop, or use the wonder of Alexander Graham Bell's "Telephone".

On top of this, the 1290 SuperAdventure R, which is JAM PACKED with wicked electronics and sensors etc, (A TFT DASH with no moving parts! The horror!!), and a "finnicky orange bike"  has been the single most reliable vehicle I've ever owned so far I think. (Yes I've had a Jeep but it was a string of Volkswagens before that).

(I'm only half Joking.  KTM seems to have quite a decent dealer coverage throughout the country. I wouldn't really know where to go look for a Yamaha these days?   That big shop on the M1 that sells boats and pianos?)
It seems your perspective is a bit warped.
VW's reliable?
Try Toyota for a change.

Your references to fine KTM workshops that reply to sad emails are useless.

When you have a yamaha, you don't need workshops.
Nor do you have to build up some special relationship with them in order to have them soothe your reliability concerns.

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #2531 on: August 27, 2020, 04:11:10 pm »

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

VW's reliable?
Try Toyota for a change.

Nor do you have to build up some special relationship with them in order to have them soothe your reliability concerns.

I'm just saying this whole "KTMs are unreliable" thing is total BS.   Maybe 20years ago but not now. 

The problem with buying a Toyota, is that then you have to drive a Toyota :-\  I actually want to like what I'm driving (and riding for that matter)

Offline Jacobsroodt

• vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Carpe Diem (in Afrikaans: Life's short, Ride hard)
    • West Coast Parts
« Reply #2532 on: August 27, 2020, 04:11:44 pm »
At least fortnine thinks it is a good bike :ricky:
BoosterPlug, LED Spots, Tool Tubes, RustStop, Kappa Screens, Top boxes, Tank Bags, ATG Gear - whatever works for me.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #2533 on: August 27, 2020, 04:36:11 pm »

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

VW's reliable?
Try Toyota for a change.

This is what the orange men do not understand, that there are brands that one can buy, and never worry about oil from your brand-new rear shock getting onto your rear tyre, etc. :pot:

It's usually the guys that goes holidaying with bright ORANGE engine management lights glowing on their dashboards that also like KTM. :pot:

Now I see why manufacturers make these lights in orange....... :snorting:

Offline dirtWarp

• Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #2534 on: August 27, 2020, 04:42:16 pm »
Lol

Offline Noneking

• Unverified
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #2535 on: August 27, 2020, 05:34:21 pm »

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

VW's reliable?
Try Toyota for a change.

This is what the orange men do not understand, that there are brands that one can buy, and never worry about oil from your brand-new rear shock getting onto your rear tyre, etc. :pot:

It's usually the guys that goes holidaying with bright ORANGE engine management lights glowing on their dashboards that also like KTM. :pot:

Jy't darem baie te sÍ oor KTM vir 'n ou wat 'n wit KTM ry..........  ;)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #2536 on: August 27, 2020, 05:39:23 pm »

Jesus Yamaha is useless.

VW's reliable?
Try Toyota for a change.

Jy't darem baie te sÍ oor KTM vir 'n ou wat 'n wit KTM ry..........  ;)

Maar die wittes is mos baie vinniger as die pienkes. O0

Nee wat, dis als net n geskertsery. Ek begin al self opgee oor Yamaha.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #2537 on: August 27, 2020, 06:40:01 pm »
Ek begin al self opgee oor Yamaha.

MAYDAY - MAYDAY - MAYDAY ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Kan die naaste Wille Hond gou pille vir Dan gaan bring? Valium sal doen, of iets sterkers soos DP, Mandrax, Cocaine or watever jy beskikbaar het!
Hy voel heel-beslis nie wel nie ! ! ! !

@Beserker , @Mof , kommin asseblief, dis n noodgeval?

:lol8:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
« Reply #2538 on: August 27, 2020, 06:42:55 pm »

Kan die naaste Wille Hond gou pille vir Dan gaan bring? Valium sal doen, of iets sterkers soos DP, Mandrax, Cocaine or watever jy beskikbaar het!

Dalk het hy die GS specials gesien!

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #2539 on: August 27, 2020, 06:47:55 pm »

Dalk het hy die GS specials gesien!
Hy is more by Donfords, daai cast wheel 750 is een sexy Chinees  :o Nee wat ek betaal liewer 200k vir n T7 al kom hy eers oor n jaar. Ek dink die BMís verkoop nie  :deal:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien