Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha T7 Concept  (Read 52723 times)

Offline dirtyXT

Re: Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #380 on: November 10, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »
who said the T7 failed to meet expectation? it has met mine, and I'm famous for having realistic expectations.  :peepwall: cant wait to ride this one, the class lies outside the 000.38897kg difference, its in how it handles the missing 2mm in ride height that has devastated our favorite key boards jockeys.  :deal: :imaposer:

It must be all the expectations from the people who watched the different 'World Raid' videos....

Stupids, how could they expect the end result to be like what was in those video, don't they know it's just marketing and hot and and not much more....

Um, ja well no fine.

Haha look I've got my very own troll! New heights. I wasn't actually referring to you personally but if you identify with the keyboard jockeys so be it...

When I said my expectations are met I did not actually mean everyone's was met. Just mine. If you got duped by marketing that's not my issue. I wanted a 660z with a twin motor. Hey Presto.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 02:15:44 pm by dirtyXT »
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2018, 03:41:09 pm »
who said the T7 failed to meet expectation? it has met mine, and I'm famous for having realistic expectations.  :peepwall: cant wait to ride this one, the class lies outside the 000.38897kg difference, its in how it handles the missing 2mm in ride height that has devastated our favorite key boards jockeys.  :deal: :imaposer:

It must be all the expectations from the people who watched the different 'World Raid' videos....

Stupids, how could they expect the end result to be like what was in those video, don't they know it's just marketing and hot and and not much more....

Um, ja well no fine.

Haha look I've got my very own troll! New heights. I wasn't actually referring to you personally but if you identify with the keyboard jockeys so be it...

When I said my expectations are met I did not actually mean everyone's was met. Just mine. If you got duped by marketing that's not my issue. I wanted a 660z with a twin motor. Hey Presto.

Glad you happy bud,  and you re right.  I was one in the crowd that shouted Mt07 motor in 660z frame!!

Always liked the look of the 660z and almost blindly committed in buying one.

They remain popular like a lot of Yamaha product but in the end when I got a chance to have a real close look I lost interest.

Yamaha sure have brilliant products but the hype and expectation they caused through their brilliant marketing did not catch on to all of us hardegat South Africans.

Good for you and the die-hard fans but if I have the need and cash to buy in this class KTM  can have my money on the R Thank you.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #382 on: November 10, 2018, 04:14:47 pm »
Tom, when Yamaha did their brilliant marketting, "hardegat" South Africans were not in their thoughts. :imaposer: :imaposer:

It's for the client that made the XR-V, etc top-sellers.

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2018, 08:00:02 am »

Um, ja well no fine.

Glad you happy bud,  and you re right.  I was one in the crowd that shouted Mt07 motor in 660z frame!!

Always liked the look of the 660z and almost blindly committed in buying one.

They remain popular like a lot of Yamaha product but in the end when I got a chance to have a real close look I lost interest.

Yamaha sure have brilliant products but the hype and expectation they caused through their brilliant marketing did not catch on to all of us hardegat South Africans.

Good for you and the die-hard fans but if I have the need and cash to buy in this class KTM  can have my money on the R Thank you.
That KTM is something special agreed. At first I wasn't sold on the 660 but ended up with one regardless as it ticked all my boxes at that specific moment. It has given me many years of reliable service and has taken every challenge with ease and up until now i have not found a replacement that can match its versatility. I suspect the T07 has the same engineering pedigree and will punch above the stats too.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline volroom

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • I'm loving it
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2018, 12:00:43 pm »
I really don't get that Yamaha want to release the T7 2021, what reasons do they have for this other than shooting themselves in the foot seeing the the 790 is released earlier? or do they bet on the 790 being a fail  :pot:
2003 R1150GS

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #385 on: November 11, 2018, 04:38:15 pm »
Looks more like a new WR than a XTZ for me,seat is not suitable for a pillion either,but,it look very nice.Only my opinion ::)

The pillion comment will have the keyboard jockeys having a moment. :sip:
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

Offline zacapa

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
« Reply #386 on: November 11, 2018, 08:37:34 pm »
Can we maybe mothball this thread, lock it away and resurrect it in late 2020 or when the T7 is finally released here in SA?

Offline blauth

« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2018, 11:18:38 am »

Um, ja well no fine.

Jeez, if I had to take anything you say personally, or even seriously for that matter, I may as well put a gun to my head now.   :imaposer:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2018, 01:06:12 pm »

Um, ja well no fine.

Jeez, if I had to take anything you say personally, or even seriously for that matter, I may as well put a gun to my head now.   :imaposer:

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :thumleft:

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2018, 01:22:09 pm »
:biggrin: that is very clear considering how offended you get on behalf of everyone. so not serious at all, just easily offended.  :peepwall: back on point, you are not going to even look at a T7 because you feel that the marketing was too aggressive and misleading to what you were expecting?

do you think it is a kak bike or just not what you were expecting?
Bike history:

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2018, 01:29:36 pm »
In a world of TFT's with NAV and app connect, that 80s donkey kong hand held LCD would bug the crap out of me
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2018, 04:26:59 pm »
In a world of TFT's with NAV and app connect, that 80s donkey kong hand held LCD would bug the crap out of me

That little pod on the 690 must have you up the wall.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2018, 05:36:49 pm »

If my 690 was a 200kg adventure bike, sure. But itís not. At this point the only rugged thing on the T7 appears to be the instrument cluster
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38:02 pm »

If my 690 was a 200kg adventure bike, sure. But itís not. At this point the only rugged thing on the T7 appears to be the instrument cluster

You know this before the launch even? O0

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2018, 07:10:25 pm »
That itís 200kgs? Yes they mentioned that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2018, 07:14:52 pm »
That itís 200kgs? Yes they mentioned that

They did yes. And the non-rugged items you were referring to? 

Although I should take your word for it as a expert in non-rugged parts, having owned BMW's for ages....... :pot: :pot:

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2018, 07:18:31 pm »
Appears. Whatís the point of putting rugged items on heavy bikes? Like the ones you constantly advise people against?

KTM 690R, 790ADV

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2018, 09:09:06 pm »
Appears. Whatís the point of putting rugged items on heavy bikes? Like the ones you constantly advise people against?

Yes, I have been the [almost] sole disciple of the light bike on here, now the forum wants to adventurise MX bikes.

And I got you on a proper bike too. Admit it.

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2018, 10:23:57 pm »

Yes, I have been the [almost] sole disciple of the light bike on here, now the forum wants to adventurise MX bikes.

What, is he riding a yamaha yet or are you referring to that half-reliable pumpkin?

Still has a ways to go.
Let the good times roll!

Offline Dwerg

Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2018, 11:04:20 pm »

I doubt you got me on my 640. Now that was a complete mid size DS bike. I still own a GS. Bigger heavier bikes have a place too. So not slating T7, Iíve mentioned several times what a good platform it is, just saying for what it pretends and what it actually competes with in the market, they either have to match on features or be much cheaper
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:05:17 pm by Dwerg »
KTM 690R, 790ADV