Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha T7 - No longer a Concept  (Read 247366 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #1780 on: June 22, 2020, 07:03:22 pm »
I take back all the shit I talked about the T700 :o
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBa9oQdnaq3/
Christian Pfeiffer does that on a GS with a lot less bashing and crashing. If that is all it took I am sure we would have had 2SD on a GS before now.  :pot:

My daughter tells me Unicorns are really nice. Can't say I have never touched one...
Please post the video where he does the exact same thing with a GS ?

Come on Katoomat, did you just lie to come up for a BMW?? :pot: :thumleft:  Post the video, I would like to see that.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #1781 on: June 22, 2020, 07:47:42 pm »
I take back all the shit I talked about the T700 :o
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBa9oQdnaq3/
Christian Pfeiffer does that on a GS with a lot less bashing and crashing. If that is all it took I am sure we would have had 2SD on a GS before now.  :pot:

My daughter tells me Unicorns are really nice. Can't say I have never touched one...
Please post the video where he does the exact same thing with a GS ?

Come on Katoomat, did you just lie to come up for a BMW?? :pot: :thumleft:  Post the video, I would like to see that.
Can we call this fake news yet ? I have only seen videos of Chris wheeling and doing burnouts on a GS1200 much like is done with a 1990ís model GSXR  :pot:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Help make the TSAT a reality
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241580.msg4325284#msg4325284

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #1782 on: June 22, 2020, 07:50:22 pm »
He is a fantastic rider (CP)  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 07:54:46 pm by sidetrack »
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline alphadog

« Reply #1783 on: June 22, 2020, 08:04:35 pm »
Chris "Teach" McNeil on a BMW Adventure bike, put that heading in youtube for a couple of minutes of fun.

not just cris phiefer , chris birch does it on a big ktm 1050 or 990 or whatever takes his fancy, plus quite a few other dudes on the big beemers, back in the day a few of the wilddog guys would do some crazy stuff on the big heavy bikes, circa 2005, 2006,2007 when the forum was alive with weekend rides and crazy antics. forum has changed a lot now with most guys who own expensive "adventure bikes" dont really want to scratch them.
ever been on a ride with the new era adventure bikers and they pull off to the side when the road goes from tar to gravel, no they arent stopping, just spending 5 minutes scrolling through there electronic riders aids to find "gravel road settings "". maybe in a few years they can sit on the pillion seat and the bike will drive itself. [just saying]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:18:36 pm by alphadog »

The following users thanked this post: Malmoer

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #1784 on: June 23, 2020, 07:52:11 am »
 :laughing4:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #1785 on: June 23, 2020, 08:10:49 am »
Chris "Teach" McNeil on a BMW Adventure bike, put that heading in youtube for a couple of minutes of fun.

not just cris phiefer , chris birch does it on a big ktm 1050 or 990 or whatever takes his fancy, plus quite a few other dudes on the big beemers, back in the day a few of the wilddog guys would do some crazy stuff on the big heavy bikes, circa 2005, 2006,2007 when the forum was alive with weekend rides and crazy antics. forum has changed a lot now with most guys who own expensive "adventure bikes" dont really want to scratch them.
ever been on a ride with the new era adventure bikers and they pull off to the side when the road goes from tar to gravel, no they arent stopping, just spending 5 minutes scrolling through there electronic riders aids to find "gravel road settings "". maybe in a few years they can sit on the pillion seat and the bike will drive itself. [just saying]

I thought it was bad enough, when they have to do a mandatory tyre pressure adjustment, every time they change from tar to gravel.  :sip: 
When is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #1786 on: June 23, 2020, 08:46:51 am »

New era adv bikes don't have to stop to disable stuff,
and tyre pressures.... You need to stop getting riding buddies at mug n bean.

Okay, speaking for non Japanese bikes now
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #1787 on: June 23, 2020, 10:43:11 am »

not just cris phiefer , chris birch does it on a big ktm 1050 or 990 or whatever takes his fancy....

All good and well, but none of the guys on the GS's/other big bikes did a vertical step up as was shown with the T7 above followed by a decent drop to a flat landing. I'm sure the riders (Pheiffer, McNeil, Birch etc) could do it given a T7, but I haven't seen a GS do that, and I'm not sure they would come off so well. They're just too heavy with too little suspension.
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #1788 on: June 23, 2020, 10:53:58 am »
 :ricky:

J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #1789 on: June 23, 2020, 11:02:13 am »

not just cris phiefer , chris birch does it on a big ktm 1050 or 990 or whatever takes his fancy....

All good and well, but none of the guys on the GS's/other big bikes did a vertical step up as was shown with the T7 above followed by a decent drop to a flat landing. I'm sure the riders (Pheiffer, McNeil, Birch etc) could do it given a T7, but I haven't seen a GS do that, and I'm not sure they would come off so well. They're just too heavy with too little suspension.

Yeh. This.

Chris birch is amazing and can chuck a big bike around, but I doubt even he is doing step ups that size on a GS or even a 1X90 R.   790 sure, but that wasn't the claim really.

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #1790 on: June 23, 2020, 11:26:22 am »
i love how this thread was started 4 years ago and it is still just a concept with no real date of the bike coming to our shores  ;D

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1791 on: June 23, 2020, 11:46:19 am »
i love how this thread was started 4 years ago and it is still just a concept with no real date of the bike coming to our shores  ;D

Only a YAMAHA can keep folks this fired up. Before there is even a real-life bike. :eek7: :eek7: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #1792 on: June 23, 2020, 11:55:35 am »

I would bet m

y o

I would bet my own money that the suspension on that T7 is modified.

Offline IanTheTooth

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • The past is a foreign country
« Reply #1793 on: June 23, 2020, 12:16:35 pm »
The T7 in the "Yamaha T7 Boana Devil" is definitely modified. I see the little rotter has changed the stock tyres! Also where is the Australian policeman that Chris from Flying Brick swears is always around when we do something stupid like this on bikes over here?
The dog that caught the car. What now?

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #1794 on: June 23, 2020, 12:18:48 pm »
90 pages and still no T7 in the country..... Think I'll get an Africa Twin  :P
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #1795 on: June 23, 2020, 12:25:54 pm »
90 pages and still no T7 in the country

But the consensus is still that it's the best bike ever. Or not. Depending on who you ask
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #1796 on: June 23, 2020, 12:27:25 pm »
90 pages and still no T7 in the country..... Think I'll get an Africa Twin  :P
Donít settle for 2nd best
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #1797 on: June 23, 2020, 12:30:30 pm »
90 pages and still no T7 in the country

But the consensus is still that it's the best bike ever. Or not. Depending on who you ask

Who you asked online.

We boeries have no opinion

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #1798 on: June 23, 2020, 12:34:55 pm »
The T7 in the "Yamaha T7 Boana Devil" is definitely modified. I see the little rotter has changed the stock tyres! Also where is the Australian policeman that Chris from Flying Brick swears is always around when we do something stupid like this on bikes over here?
Why would there be an Australian policeman in Italy ?
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline alphadog

« Reply #1799 on: June 23, 2020, 01:19:13 pm »
britains BIKE magazine has a great test of the yammie, [ august 2020 edition  they work a bit forward ] it was also voted 2nd behind the triumph speed twin in the 2019 bike of the year shoot out..it has gone up twice in price in the uk, it now sitting at £9145 .