Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha T7 - No longer a Concept  (Read 254734 times)

Offline Breekbeen

• Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses.
Re: Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #1860 on: June 25, 2020, 11:25:07 am »
According to my source, the T7's have been ordered allready (±100).
They will receive 2 sooner, that will go for homologation.
Then the first one will most likely go to Ross.
YAMAHA WR450F ; YAMAHA XT660Z TENERE '12(sold)

Vrugte boer........poephol vrugte

Offline JacoM

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #1861 on: June 25, 2020, 11:38:28 am »
The price of all imported goods is impacted by the exchange rate at the time.
If the shipment of T7's to SA is done at the poor R-value to the euro, the bike launching price will be affected and this will impact the selling prices for years to come.
I believe Yamaha might be keeping an watch full eye on the R /Euro exchange rate to pitch the "shipment"" at the right time.. ;)
Maybe it is in our best interest to sit the launch out until the ZAR recovered some of its value - it is actually slowly moving in the right direction.
At the start of worldwide lock down, the ZAR lost 24% of value to the Euro, meaning that everything imported in that week, will be immediately 24% more expensive. - I know because we had to do payment for bottling machines and that was passed unto us ! >:(
 my 2cs  - but remember, I am only an Eng., not a financial expert :biggrin:
It is for this exact reason that I bought 4 bike tires during lockdown, at öld exch rates - next imported batch will be significantly prices higher..

except of course if Yamaha SA saw this coming and took some sort of forward cover insurance fixing the exchange rate at pre lockdown...levels
I don't think so how will Yamaha know when the Rand will be at it's strongest again ? It might take months or it might even go backwards again when the next round of infections flare up or Trumps Tweets something again. Yamaha surely cant sit back and wait forever while checking the change rates.
As most of the replies here, I am also just speculating on why its not yet available in SA.
The launching price for any new consumer good in general is extremely important - many FMCG products never make it past the launch volume for this exact reason.
Speculating again..If the T7 is launched in SA in 2020, it will carry the price tag linked to a 24% increase  due to exch rate. The KTM 790, 2019 and 2020 models carry the lower exchange rate in pricing, so you might find that at  a speculative launch date of 2020/21, the T7 might well be launched at a higher selling price than the 790 already in the market, which might kille T7 sales for the next few years...
I lot of if's and might's - maybe we are just talking s...t. :biggrin:

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #1862 on: June 25, 2020, 03:07:44 pm »
And why is that same reason not a valid motivator when people choose BMWs? Several 80s or even 60s models still run today.

Again, I think the T7 is great. Not disputing that at all. Just wondering about some inconsistency when evaluating your favourite brand vs others.

What 80's or even 60's model BMW would you want to compare to Yamaha 's XT600z from 1983?  A lightweight, real D/S bike, able to take you places for which BMW had no bike.

I know that you know that no real and informed biker would ever compare a BMW to a Yamaha. :thumleft:

Die 701 is dan seker heelwat ligter as n XT, want die XT`s word by die huis gelos terwyl 2 x 701`s Lesotho toe gevat word.
Lyk my die XT staan meestal.
Partykeer loop die mond (nie) oor waarvan die hart vol is nie..... :pot:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:12:44 pm by Altie7deLaan »
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1863 on: June 25, 2020, 03:20:05 pm »
Spoke to a motorcyclist and ex businessman that works for us at agronomy, a very clever guy and also an adv biker.
He said the T7 was also introduced late (recently) to the States and the first shipment was already spoken for but he says the economy is to blame and the uncertainty of C19 for units already gathering dust. They give you trade assist, very little interest rate and so on.
He said the 2020 Rally edition is not an upgrade but just a more pimped version. Apparently engine and suspension stock, only paint schemes and some accessories fitted like hand guards and a proper bashplate.
Well, nevertheless a dream bike for many including myself but I'll have to hold onto my NC, it makes me smile and that is good enough. :lol8:

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #1864 on: June 25, 2020, 03:35:27 pm »
Tom in rands how much would the T7 be if you bought one there?.......................................................................and rode it home via South America!! ;) ;) ;)
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1865 on: June 25, 2020, 03:58:31 pm »
Tom in rands how much would the T7 be if you bought one there?.......................................................................and rode it home via South America!! ;) ;) ;)

R177K Chris

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #1866 on: June 25, 2020, 04:02:11 pm »

R177K Chris
Then its going to be very expensive here. :o :(
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1867 on: June 25, 2020, 04:23:58 pm »

R177K Chris

I gather it will be Chris, just like the XT660Z was R30k more than a GS650 a few years back collecting dust in the showrooms.
First shipment always flies off the floor like Jane's told me this morning, and then it slows down.
I read here that Yamaha cant keep up with demand, yet no source as to where because definitely not the case in the States where you can have on delivered on your doorstep.
Some will say Europe....well if you have never traveled out of the border of SA I can blame one for making a statement like that. Only when you get half way around the world you realize how small Country SA really is.
My neighbor and daughter have immigrated to the UK a they report that naked bikes especially bikes like Triumph and other naked street bikes to be the top sellers.

Anyway, the bike is real and pretty (more so in real life than pictured) and it looks actually weirdly smaller than the 660z but ok I haven't seen them side by side and maybe mistaken.

I'll keep on dreaming, make it the white and red model please  :lol8:

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #1868 on: June 25, 2020, 04:30:30 pm »
I'll keep on dreaming, make it the white and red model please  :lol8:

We will have to hope they sell container loads in SA so we might get hold of a secondhand one one day!! ;)

OK back to farming gooi us a lekke tractor pic!! ;) :lol8:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #1869 on: June 25, 2020, 04:47:48 pm »

R177K Chris

I doubt it. Bikes are much cheaper here than in the states.

New superduke in the USA equates to R310K+   But here it's R265K

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #1870 on: June 25, 2020, 05:15:53 pm »
And why is that same reason not a valid motivator when people choose BMWs? Several 80s or even 60s models still run today.

Again, I think the T7 is great. Not disputing that at all. Just wondering about some inconsistency when evaluating your favourite brand vs others.

What 80's or even 60's model BMW would you want to compare to Yamaha 's XT600z from 1983?  A lightweight, real D/S bike, able to take you places for which BMW had no bike.

I know that you know that no real and informed biker would ever compare a BMW to a Yamaha. :thumleft:

Die 701 is dan seker heelwat ligter as n XT, want die XT`s word by die huis gelos terwyl 2 x 701`s Lesotho toe gevat word.

Die XT was eerste keuse, maar al drie van ons kon hom nie op die treiler kry nie. Die Husky spring toe self op, hulle en die Katooms ken mos treiler ry.

Offline spyker

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • Meet the twins!
« Reply #1871 on: June 26, 2020, 07:49:38 am »

Die XT was eerste keuse, maar al drie van ons kon hom nie op die treiler kry nie. Die Husky spring toe self op, hulle en die Katooms ken mos treiler ry.

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Agter osse kom ook in die kraal

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #1872 on: June 26, 2020, 08:25:54 am »

:imaposer: :imaposer: :laughing4: :laughing4:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #1873 on: June 26, 2020, 09:28:43 am »

Janee, die mense moan so oor die T7 se prys, maar hulle neem nie in ag dat n Yammie kom outomaties met n R30, 000 afslag nie. Die afslag is die treiler wat jy nie meer nodig het nie...

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #1874 on: June 26, 2020, 12:59:59 pm »

Janee, die mense moan so oor die T7 se prys, maar hulle neem nie in ag dat n Yammie kom outomaties met n R30, 000 afslag nie. Die afslag is die treiler wat jy nie meer nodig het nie...

Vertel vir hulle, ja....... :thumleft:

Offline BuRP

« Reply #1875 on: June 27, 2020, 10:15:47 am »
n Yammie kom outomaties met n R30, 000 afslag nie. Die afslag is die treiler wat jy nie meer nodig het nie...

Jirrrrrrrrre jy kanni reken nie .... want dan het jy ook sommer geen kar meer nodig virri treiler nie!
Dis baie meer geld - en ook, jy kan dan n kleiner & goedkoper huis koop sonder garage of groot tuin, want jy hoef nie meer al daai insleepgoeters te parkeer nie.

Beter nog, jy kan in n flat gaan bly as jy oppi T7 gaan wag!

Ja Nee ne?  :P
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:17:33 am by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #1876 on: June 27, 2020, 10:41:21 am »
n Yammie kom outomaties met n R30, 000 afslag nie. Die afslag is die treiler wat jy nie meer nodig het nie...

Jirrrrrrrrre jy kanni reken nie .... want dan het jy ook sommer geen kar meer nodig virri treiler nie!
Dis baie meer geld - en ook, jy kan dan n kleiner & goedkoper huis koop sonder garage of groot tuin, want jy hoef nie meer al daai insleepgoeters te parkeer nie.

Beter nog, jy kan in n flat gaan bly as jy oppi T7 gaan wag!

Ja Nee ne?  :P

Jy reken die T7 is al die opofferinge werd? :pot:

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #1877 on: June 27, 2020, 12:02:40 pm »
Die inni flat bly klink vir my na 'n goeie move. Dan kan jy jou buurman se gras gebruik om jou roosting te oefen, want jy het dan nie.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #1878 on: June 27, 2020, 02:47:05 pm »
Die inni flat bly klink vir my na 'n goeie move. Dan kan jy jou buurman se gras gebruik om jou roosting te oefen, want jy het dan nie.

Hou op drink asseblief, want m buurman in n flat het ook nie n tuin nie!
 :P
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline teebag

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #1879 on: June 28, 2020, 05:45:40 pm »