Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha T7 - No longer a Concept  (Read 310158 times)

voorvel and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Solo

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Re: Yamaha T7 Concept
« Reply #2460 on: August 21, 2020, 08:37:34 am »
Euro tech that belonged to Yamaha for the past 25 years, and only recently Ohlins has bought back most of their own shares from Yamaha.

"In 2007, Kenth Öhlin bought back Yamaha’s shares and has held the majority of the shares ever since."

http://www.motorcyclerider.de/ohlins-racing-ab-sold-to-tenneco/

edit: quote 2StrokeDan's post
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:44:31 am by Solo »

Online sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #2461 on: August 21, 2020, 08:58:29 am »
Sadly I think Yamaha and Bidvest are making shareholders happy over building and maintaining a great historic brand. I think the T7 will sell to those who can afford it. Lots will want it me included but it will be out of reach. No doubt they will sell a few And it seems a race to Find one on the second hand market with extras already fitted...
Agree you just have to look at the moerse place Linex opened in Pta, surely just the rent is pushing up prices like crazy. Then again I live in the good old days where a Yamaha agency belonged to an passionate owner where he was selling bikes out of his small premises like an Ace Motors for example.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #2462 on: August 21, 2020, 09:06:56 am »
Sadly I think Yamaha and Bidvest are making shareholders happy over building and maintaining a great historic brand. I think the T7 will sell to those who can afford it. Lots will want it me included but it will be out of reach. No doubt they will sell a few And it seems a race to Find one on the second hand market with extras already fitted...
Agree you just have to look at the moerse place Linex opened in Pta, surely just the rent is pushing up prices like crazy. Then again I live in the good old days where a Yamaha agency belonged to an passionate owner where he was selling bikes out of his small premises like an Ace Motors for example.

If they bring a ton of them in and don't sell any because the pricing is stupid....I don't think the shareholders will be very happy.

If they're betting on people paying extra for electronics that AREN'T there, then either they're very silly, or people who pay the money are very silly  :lol8:

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #2463 on: August 21, 2020, 09:24:55 am »

If they bring a ton of them in and don't sell any because the pricing is stupid....I don't think the shareholders will be very happy.

If they're betting on people paying extra for electronics that AREN'T there, then either they're very silly, or people who pay the money are very silly  :lol8:

Then I'm definitely very silly, because I'd pay extra not to have the electronics. See my bottom line.  :deal:

Of course the above comment is bloody silly  because I can't pay extra for anything. So skint I can't even pay attention. :(
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline Roadhawg

« Reply #2464 on: August 21, 2020, 09:32:29 am »

Then I'm definitely very silly, because I'd pay extra not to have the electronics. See my bottom line.  :deal:

Of course the above comment is bloody silly  because I can't pay extra for anything. So skint I can't even pay attention. :(

So T700 and 790 R sitting next to each other. Same price (of which you can afford).  You'd take the Yamaha?

What about T700 vs 790 R Rally?

Online sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #2465 on: August 21, 2020, 09:34:52 am »

Well Honda is still selling new 2017 / 2018 model CRF250 Rally's it seems, now at a big discount. So if they bring in a lot of T7's and they don't sell you can buy a bargain in 2024  :biggrin:
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline bud500

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #2466 on: August 21, 2020, 09:38:34 am »

Grasping at that 1 straw.
And KYB pwns WP

Not sure if this was tongue in cheek.
But just to avoid confusion, KTM wholly owns WP Suspension.
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #2467 on: August 21, 2020, 09:59:14 am »

So T700 and 790 R sitting next to each other. Same price (of which you can afford).  You'd take the Yamaha?

What about T700 vs 790 R Rally?

I'd take the one with the Bowden throttle cable.  :3some:

And if a bike has the designation 'Rally', it usually means that it's heavier and it's got a big ugly tower with a lot of navigation shit.
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline BV

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #2468 on: August 21, 2020, 10:11:00 am »
A twin cylinder, 700cc upwards, will never be a 701, so use it's pro's rather than trying to make it into a enduro bike. :imaposer:

Exactly, but then they try to market it like that?

KTM did it with their 1190 and Chris Birch, which was very well received here. :thumleft:

Buyers mostly use their bikes like old toppies, but they like to think they can do enduro pro tricks...... :thumleft: :thumleft:

For all you T7 naysayers out there ...........

Did anybody else see how the spokes broke on the bike at 2.46min in video?
Ktm 250 2t
ktm3002t
ktm 450 RR
Husqvarna 701
KTM 950

Online sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #2469 on: August 21, 2020, 10:18:20 am »
A twin cylinder, 700cc upwards, will never be a 701, so use it's pro's rather than trying to make it into a enduro bike. :imaposer:

Exactly, but then they try to market it like that?

KTM did it with their 1190 and Chris Birch, which was very well received here. :thumleft:

Buyers mostly use their bikes like old toppies, but they like to think they can do enduro pro tricks...... :thumleft: :thumleft:

For all you T7 naysayers out there ...........

Did anybody else see how the spokes broke on the bike at 2.46min in video?
Nah must be some debris being spun up by the mighty CP2 motor, people drop all kinds of rubbish on the beaches
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #2470 on: August 21, 2020, 10:20:10 am »
I think the Yami fans are getting a taste of why a lot of GS riders absconded to the Meerkat group
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Dolf

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #2471 on: August 21, 2020, 10:37:25 am »

Well Honda is still selling new 2017 / 2018 model CRF250 Rally's it seems, now at a big discount. So if they bring in a lot of T7's and they don't sell you can buy a bargain in 2024  :biggrin:

Similar to what Husqvarna did with the 401 Svart/Witpilen.

First ones were R94k...they weren't selling well. I got mine for R75k. Now the new facelifted one is R84k.

Online sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #2472 on: August 21, 2020, 11:05:21 am »

Similar to what Husqvarna did with the 401 Svart/Witpilen.

First ones were R94k...they weren't selling well. I got mine for R75k. Now the new facelifted one is R84k.
Yip
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #2473 on: August 21, 2020, 04:09:25 pm »
I think the Yami fans are getting a taste of why a lot of GS riders absconded to the Meerkat group

We are a whole damn lot tougher than the toughest Gs rider. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Also, I landed on this forum with a lot of current KTM fanboys being died in the wool GS fans.

How well I remember the huge fights. :imaposer: :imaposer:

Online Noneking

• Distinguished
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #2474 on: August 21, 2020, 04:21:12 pm »

Also, I landed on this forum with a lot of current KTM fanboys being died in the wool GS fans.

But now there’s a new poorly suspended, overpriced but blindly- followed-by-softies kid on the block.......
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline Dolf

• Race Dog
« Reply #2475 on: August 21, 2020, 05:43:31 pm »
R50 says....

The bike will launch at R199,999 or R209,000.

Six months later they will offer it at the same price but with extras.

Another 6 months new price will be R180k.

Offline teebag

« Reply #2476 on: August 21, 2020, 06:16:50 pm »
so 2022 then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #2477 on: August 21, 2020, 07:38:04 pm »
Imagine the launch of the T7, and it was launched at the same price of the 790.
The reviews of the T7 would be totally different, and the T7 "bang for buck"  reasoning would be wasted.
And Yamaha would not have gone through the whole exercise of having to set up a 2nd production facility....
The fact is, that Japanese adv biking is leaving us at the same exact point where the average Japanese car manufacturers left is in the early 1990`s,  where the performance machine have disappeared altogether.
And now the bland, but reliable adv biking thing are  being sold by the Japs, While one European are doing the exciting adv bike stuff. Just like the Jap car scenario.
Sad but true. Yes, Toyota can get Ken Block to come drift a Corolla, but it will not make me go out and get one.
The T7 will have a market here too. As long as it is cheap, compared to......
Lets see...
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #2478 on: August 21, 2020, 08:07:16 pm »

But now there’s a new poorly suspended, overpriced but blindly- followed-by-softies kid on the block.......

And yt Pol does more on this YAMAHA than Chris Birch could ever on the KTM.......,makes one wonder how much hype you guys eat up.

Online Noneking

• Distinguished
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #2479 on: August 21, 2020, 08:32:58 pm »
Mense ry nou nog Volksiebusse te danke aan David Kramer..... ek hoop nie jy hedge al jou bets op poePol se performance op die T7 nie.......
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw