Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Learning photography  (Read 60692 times)

Offline Tom van Brits

Re: Learning photography
« Reply #1900 on: October 11, 2018, 10:27:14 am »
Appreciate Hein. I have also managed to open Kameras.com last night on the ship (network a lot stronger when most sleep) and they have sefondhand gear which they guarantee. Fuji X1 with pancake 27 @ R7k which is not bad I'd say, a bargain deal I think. Got the lend option as well. Even lenses then from both you and him ao lets first see if I make it into the takeover team to the ice before I get all excited.

Thanks for the offer

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • View Profile
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #1901 on: October 11, 2018, 11:34:19 am »
Appreciate Hein. I have also managed to open Kameras.com last night on the ship (network a lot stronger when most sleep) and they have sefondhand gear which they guarantee. Fuji X1 with pancake 27 @ R7k which is not bad I'd say, a bargain deal I think. Got the lend option as well. Even lenses then from both you and him ao lets first see if I make it into the takeover team to the ice before I get all excited.

Thanks for the offer

doesn't matter how the cookie crumble - you are welcome to use my kit for a while when you are year.  I would like to hear your opinion about the Fuji Xs.

Can't lend my camera for a long period since my laaitie is due to study art next year with photography as one of his subjects.  but the lenses is cool :thumleft:

Offline Amsterdam

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 13, 2018, 08:55:56 am »
If you are keen on increasing your photography knowledge/inspiration then this will be of interest.  This 5 day deal comes around once a year and gives amazing discounts on a whole bundle of training videos/ebooks and software.  I bought a different bundle last year and it was definitely worthwhile.  But you have to be quick as it expires in about 3 days from now.

This year they have included my favourite photo editing program Luminar which alone is almost the purchase price of the bundle.

I have no association with this lot and just post this for your interest.  Especially with Tom's earlier posts in this thread about wanting to make money out of photography.

5 Day Deal:
https://5daydeal.com/?utm_expid=.anJsoV6mSKaa0-sipd-Chg.0&utm_referrer=

More info on Luminar (and the updates with regards libraries coming to that program)
https://skylum.com/new-luminar?utm_source=Macphun+Friends&utm_campaign=403da27cc8-Phun_October_with_Lum_Mac_EN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_912838542a-403da27cc8-270379437&mc_cid=403da27cc8&mc_eid=d2bccd4948

Husqvarna 701, KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1903 on: October 13, 2018, 01:05:24 pm »
If you are keen on increasing your photography knowledge/inspiration then this will be of interest.  This 5 day deal comes around once a year and gives amazing discounts on a whole bundle of training videos/ebooks and software.  I bought a different bundle last year and it was definitely worthwhile.  But you have to be quick as it expires in about 3 days from now.

This year they have included my favourite photo editing program Luminar which alone is almost the purchase price of the bundle.

I have no association with this lot and just post this for your interest.  Especially with Tom's earlier posts in this thread about wanting to make money out of photography.

5 Day Deal:
https://5daydeal.com/?utm_expid=.anJsoV6mSKaa0-sipd-Chg.0&utm_referrer=

More info on Luminar (and the updates with regards libraries coming to that program)
https://skylum.com/new-luminar?utm_source=Macphun+Friends&utm_campaign=403da27cc8-Phun_October_with_Lum_Mac_EN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_912838542a-403da27cc8-270379437&mc_cid=403da27cc8&mc_eid=d2bccd4948

Thanks Amsterdam

Unfortunately I can't do anything quick now since we are still lying near the customs berth and everything is just soooo slow today.
My bankcard expired a year ago, my sim cards are expired...nothing works and by the time I get off the ship the banks are closed which puts everything on hold till Monday after I have seen the DEA officials.
Laying out money before I get work again is also no go so I will have to pass but I have a lady friend/photographer that may give me some valuable lessons not only in photography but the way forward.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #1904 on: October 14, 2018, 11:13:50 am »
I know there is elsewhere a panoramic thread but thought to post it here since this thread is a tad more popular in photo board.

Looked at this view and it was just dull in a way with dirty pea soup green coloured warer and no clouds. I done a 7 frames stitch and made the colour of the water blue by means of a gradiated filter and toned down only on temp.

I also waited for the yacht to come closer to give it some dimention of sort

The following users thanked this post: Sardine