Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: EC Bash Thread merge?  (Read 341 times)

Offline LanceSA

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a bike.
EC Bash Thread merge?
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:28:47 pm »
Just an idea Mr Moderator, could we merge the different threads on the Bash and make it easier for all to read and post? Just one place to go?
It's a friggin' motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The windnoise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you scared every now and then. Suck it up. -- Scary Gary Mc

Extreme Velcro

Re: EC Bash Thread merge?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:26:50 pm »
Me agree

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 03:37:03 pm »
Up to the thread owners to give their permission to merge. :wink:
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:09:49 pm »
Why?  Everybody had their own experience.........why intermingle it?

Is it really so much trouble clicking through the threads?  :bueller:

Offline SGB

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • 1190R / 1200 GS LC / Husaberg TE 300
    • DS Rider Training
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 04:13:43 pm »
Will use this thread to say well done to all the riders who went, all good stories and nice rides.  Thumbs up for putting it together and making the trip.  :thumleft:
www.countrytrax.co.za

Riding a bike is not just about riding the bike....
Do not believe everything you think....

Offline LanceSA

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a bike.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:32:13 pm »

Is it really so much trouble clicking through the threads?  :bueller:

Yes! I try to keep up with all the threads and see all the new additions. It's hard when you're also trying to work.
I suggest the message from one and all is the same - fun and friendship.
It was sooooo good to put faces and bodies to the names on the forum. I pitched a tent next to Bobnob. What a great guy. The Grahamstown Greyhounds were right next to us and we swapped bikes for a ride. I road up with Geoff, BMWPE and Kevin (can't remember his forum name). What hospitable guys. Gogirl gave me some hot water for coffee and we sat shooting the breeze. I sat next to Michnus and Metaljockey (and their beautiful wives, how wrong is that) at the braai and we lamented bike dealership service and I learned how Wilddogs was started and the efforts the moderators put in  - all free. It turns out that Carnivore and I have some mutual friends. etc, etc.
What a great weekend. And I want to remember it all by reading the threads and seeing the pics.
Watty you are a legend!!! :thumleft:
I will never miss another bash. I think the Bash sticker will become a prized posetion of all who attended!
It's a friggin' motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The windnoise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you scared every now and then. Suck it up. -- Scary Gary Mc

Offline Carnivore

• Longer lasting theraphy.. do longer distance travelling..
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Port Elizabeth Old(er) Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:37:42 pm »
I find it easier and quicker to check out seperate threads. You can keep the context, find something specific and answer/quote more easily than a 40 pager.

LanceSA... wot can I say? You hit the nail on the head. Some really nice ppl, just sharing a ride experience. Top notch stuff.
Old, grey, crafty...

You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait, the grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas. Enthusiasts are fighters. They have fortitude. They have staying qualities. Enthusiasm is at the bottom of all progress. With it, there is accomplishment. Without it, there are only alibis.
Henry Ford