Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2017 West Coast Baja: The Race is ON!!!  (Read 30345 times)

Offline geopat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Re: 2017 West Coast Baja: The Race is ON!!!
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2017, 01:55:00 am »
I would go for it geopat.

Otherwise let me look after it for you!  ;D

haha nice try budd

Offline Chris Delport

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2017, 05:01:30 pm »
Guys

I have entered and paid for the Baja but I had to cancel due to unforeseen work priorities from my employer, so I would like to sell my entry. I have the following available for sale:

1.   1 x Motorbike Lite Entry for open class (above 450), I entered a KTM 690.
2.   1 x Support vehicle.
3.   There is a admin fee of R1000 payable for change of entry.

I had communication with the event organisers and suggested I try to sell my entry. The value of the entry is R9447.40 on current rates. I will sell it for R6000 plus R1000 for admin, you save R2447. If you are interested please contact me for "negotiations". Ek sal bietjie onderhandel, maar net n klein bietjie.....

Offline EbenMocke

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2017, 10:53:02 am »
Did you sell the entry, send me your number please.  Eben Mocke 0784592six36

Offline Cdp13

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2017, 11:14:26 am »
Following Dakar for the past weeks makes me wish that March will come quickly. Then riding two hours in sand this past weekend made me wish I had more time for training...

Can anyone tell me which license is required for BAJA? I presume we will need a license of some sorts from MSA. We're planning on doing a CSMX event in Feb, and need a licence for that race. So a year licence might actually work out cheaper, if I can use that license for BAJA as well.

Cheers
Charl
Wees jouself. Moenie 'n twatwaffle wees nie.

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2017, 11:20:59 am »
Following Dakar for the past weeks makes me wish that March will come quickly. Then riding two hours in sand this past weekend made me wish I had more time for training...

Can anyone tell me which license is required for BAJA? I presume we will need a license of some sorts from MSA. We're planning on doing a CSMX event in Feb, and need a licence for that race. So a year licence might actually work out cheaper, if I can use that license for BAJA as well.

Cheers
Charl

An annual MSA license will set you back about R2,200 and a one event license about R500. (Think both incl medical insurance)

Calculate based on how much racing you plan on doing for the year.  Also consider WOW license if CSMX have a class for it.
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline SpeedMetal

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2017, 12:01:20 pm »
How does support vehicle work?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GODSPEED!

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Grey hound
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2017, 12:03:55 pm »

Enter support vehicle at R1,000, irrespective of amount of occupants.  Does that answer your question?
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2017, 01:47:49 pm »

Cheers
Charl

An annual MSA license will set you back about R2,200 and a one event license about R500. (Think both incl medical insurance)

Calculate based on how much racing you plan on doing for the year.  Also consider WOW license if CSMX have a class for it.

You need to belong to an MSA affiliated club before taking out a  MSA club license.
WCOC always help out Amageze/ WC Baja riders with a discounted membership @ R250 -
If anyone would like please download the membership form off www.westerncapeoffroad.co.za and mail to info@westerncapeoffroad.co.za with a note Baja then ill refer it to admin for discount.
This can also be used for the Tankwa X Country Rally in Sept.
No Road like Off-Road

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2017, 01:55:26 pm »
Thanks Offroad!  :thumleft:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline SpeedMetal

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2017, 02:08:54 pm »

Enter support vehicle at R1,000, irrespective of amount of occupants.  Does that answer your question?
What is the purpose of the support vehicle?

GODSPEED!

Offline Cdp13

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2017, 09:34:44 pm »

Cheers
Charl

You need to belong to an MSA affiliated club before taking out a  MSA club license.
WCOC always help out Amageze/ WC Baja riders with a discounted membership @ R250 -
If anyone would like please download the membership form off www.westerncapeoffroad.co.za and mail to info@westerncapeoffroad.co.za with a note Baja then ill refer it to admin for discount.
This can also be used for the Tankwa X Country Rally in Sept.

Got it. Thanks guys

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2017, 08:13:44 am »
I'm so stoked for this event after watching the Dakar. This is our opportunity to ride two stages that are similar as any good Dakar stage, perhaps just a little shorter which makes it doable by the average weekend warrior who knows his way handling a bike to a reasonable extent. :deal:

If you are an enthusiast, I would highly recommend you give it a bash.

If this is all new to you, don't hesitate to reach out to me or any one of the many accomplished wilddogs for advice. Kamanya, J3thro, bonova, WDT, scrat & Bill the Bong are just a few of the riding gods you could chat to. :thumleft:

GO FOR IT!!! :ricky:
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Online Tom van Brits

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2017, 07:33:38 am »
 :sip:

Offline Camelman

• Race Dog
  • If it was easy, everyone would do it.
    • Amageza Rallye
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2017, 10:41:43 am »
This year's Dakar was EPIC. Maybe because we knew so many of the entrants personally!

BTW: In 2015 I tried making the Amageza more 'Dakar'. Afterwards many riders stopped riding and many came to to me angrily saying 'If I wanted to do Dakar, I would do Dakar'.  ;D

There might not be a 2017 Amageza Rallye at this stage (Very low entries in 2016). So if you want to do a Amageza event this year, try and get to the Baja!

This year the master plan for the West Coast Baja is actually three stages.

Saturday: 100km
Sunday: 300km for the Off-road Class ('lite') and 400km for the Rally class.
Monday: 200km for the Off-Road Class (Lite) and 300km for the Rally Class.

The kilometers is really not the be-all and end-all. Its hours in the saddle that matters (For the faster/ average + riders).
2-3 hours for Saturday ,
5-6 hours for Sunday and
3-4 hours on Monday.
Prize-giving Monday evening. (3-10 hours. lol)
Back home on Tuesday. (Its a public holiday)

Planning a proper prize-giving 'pool-party'/ opskop for this year! We will send out a email to our database soon regarding. If you want to get the updates, please register on the shop! http://amageza.com/online_shop/

We're going big!!  >:D

PS: You only need a one event license for the West Coast Baja. No club license required.

Can I count on your entry?? We need to rock the Richtersveld this year!!  :thumleft:

Offline Cdp13

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2017, 06:20:33 pm »
Ek het nie eens besef dis 'n langnaweek nie. Awesome.

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2017, 08:30:55 am »
Is daai 701 se suspensie al gesort?

Offline SpeedMetal

« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »

Kobus, het jy al in geskryf?
GODSPEED!

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Grey hound
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2017, 09:27:44 pm »
Ek het Chris.  :wav:

Gaan ek jou daar sien?

-David Livingstone-

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2017, 10:24:16 pm »
Quite few guys lurking in the wings, not wanting to commit.

Come on guys - you know you you are: If you don't register, you won't go. Don't Leave it to late.

Offline TheDak

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2017, 08:38:39 am »
Do you guys think these stages are doable on a 990?